2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance SD | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance SD

GF2445

Record Breaker
Don't really have much problem with the scoring imo. I don't think there's as much home inflation as SA where C/B got 70 points.

I think despite the scores that Chock and bates and weaver and poje are still on par with each other.
The scoring for the short dance was very conservative, which i prefer for a short dance.
Judges, please go to town in the free dance

Layback11

Record Breaker
Is it me or was the OD at SC head and shoulders above SA? I certainly enjoyed it more.

Well, the lower ranked couples were far better (the 2nd place team at SA got 62, to the Shibs' 66), but the winning team was lesser-scored. I didn't see the program so I wouldn't know how good it was.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I wasn't impressed by W/P (or C/B at SA). I should stop comparing anyone to V/M and D/W.

The Shibs were imo the best tonight. And I loved the costumes :love:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm confused. Why did Ice Network say it "isn't available in your region" if I subscribe and it is one of the Season Pass events? Sorry, if this question has been asked already previously, but I am at work and I was just trying to sneak a peak at the last couple of couples and it was blocked.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm confused. Why did Ice Network say it "isn't available in your region" if I subscribe and it is one of the Season Pass events? Sorry, if this question has been asked already previously, but I am at work and I was just trying to sneak a peak at the last couple of couples and it was blocked.

If you're not in the United States some will be blacked out anyway. That's why I didn't subscribe to IN (I'm in Canada). If you are in the US then I'm not sure.

robredo40

On the Ice
love W&P new short dance they even had less time than C&B to prepare it i think they will kill it tommorrow in the free.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I didn't find the Shibs that wonderful. I didn't feel like she was really the doll, a program like that needs a bit more looseness and Maia Shibutani skates like she could strangle somebody right about now if you get my meaning. This a dance that R/K or Javier Fernandez could have made sublime. No offence to their fans, just a personal vibe.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, the lower ranked couples were far better (the 2nd place team at SA got 62, to the Shibs' 66), but the winning team was lesser-scored. I didn't see the program so I wouldn't know how good it was.

I liked W/P much better than C/B. Generally I thought that OD at SA was rather boring and samey with the exception of G/P. I really enjoyed almost all teams I saw at SC.

gioccia

On the Ice
I know nothing about the peculiarities of the scoring and requirements, but my favourite SD from 2 GPs so far is SK))) Second WP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
W/P TES looks good so far and they will probably go into first, BUT IMO - twizzles way weaker than Shibs, B/S and M/K. Plus one or two moments were they almost hit the boards. I don't know - for me the Shibs were the best tonight

I agree. W/P 's dancing was at some points as choppy as their music cuts, and that's saying a lot. I hated the music cuts.

This may be weird, but my favorite music was Howl's Moving Castle ... Ksenia and Kirill. Love that movie!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And on another note, when B/S music started, I thought, oh no, not this again. (and later, Prokofiev!) But it really worked. Ekaterina and Dmitry expressed the music masterfully, really drew me in. Which is why the warhorse music keeps being used. It allows for the expression of so many different moods. It works.

Barb

Record Breaker
I didn't find the Shibs that wonderful. I didn't feel like she was really the doll, a program like that needs a bit more looseness and Maia Shibutani skates like she could strangle somebody right about now if you get my meaning. This a dance that R/K or Javier Fernandez could have made sublime. No offence to their fans, just a personal vibe.

No, I don´t understand, I think she looks like a doll, and anyway in the story is only a girl joking and faking to be a doll, not a real doll.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Didn't have time to post while watching, but overall, that was lovely! Elegant and stately all around. The Shibs stuck out to me with their charming and often comedic performance. Maia was selling that part with the most precision and charisma I've ever seen anybody do. I only wish the Shibs had more power to be competitive with the very top skaters.

And now for something totally different, time to watch the rampaging moose on ice that is the ladies competition.

bramweld

Record Breaker
No, I don´t understand, I think she looks like a doll, and anyway in the story is only a girl joking and faking to be a doll, not a real doll.

I can't really put it into words so I'll just have to leave it at that. If only I had a performance to compare it with but I don't. So to each his own?

Cleo

On the Ice
Between the Shibs and Weaver/Poje, the Canadians looked stunning, but the Shibs skated better (and looked great too). Shibs' twizzles were unreal, they were so perfect.