2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

whatif

Medalist
well, I would not say trash, but they do tend to choose those pop music contemporary pieces with tinkly pianos every year. I guess that's the limit. At least their competition offer some variety in programmes.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Time to get the wine out before the men start.

Congrats to the medalists! This event was less trainwrecky than the ladies. D/R's program is much better than last season, though I still like their current SP the best. They have nice platonic chemistry.

this... totally agree!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I cannot claim having read all threads on GS, but in the ones I read I encountered the word trash quite often. Maybe you could calm down a little? :)

Whoever comes on boards and calls people efforts "Trash",
I think something's wrong with them,

My opinion :biggrin:

But yeah i'll try and calm down haha

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is early in the season. It is wonderful that we have so many different people sharing now and not just the normal group - really the people making comments have seemingly increased and the diversity of opinions is extremely strong. I just hope judges don't read these posts. We should n ot be influencing judges lol and worse possibly insight wars and upheaval. Yikes.

gmyers

Record Breaker
D/r really bombed and they aren't goin to crush v/t by nearly the margin I thought but they'll still beat them of course

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
There's also a judge who gave T/M some 5s and 6s. None of the other pairs had a really "off" judge. Someone must've gotten cranky near the end of the event.

Maybe it's the same judge who was giving Tuk a "piece of his mind" ?
Any repeat judges?

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This was close to their best. Not a bomb. They really are this mediocre.

Why do the judges keep giving D/R such huge, inflated PCS? I think they really need to work on their choreography and building a better connection on the ice. This would really help with their huge problem.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
D\R get high components because their programs are hot and they have great skills and execution,

Watch how that 70+ grows as the season goes along :2thumbs:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Canada clearly has a lot of political power here, because they were nowhere near that good. Not even close.

Well, D\R see some of the lowest scores they're getting in Skate Canada,
This year and last year, They usually score higher, So i can't imagine how that's true

Arawen

Final Flight
People really believe they would´ve broken the world record if they landed that 3-2-2 combination??

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, D\R see some of the lowest scores they're getting in Skate Canada,
This year and last year, They usually score higher, So i can't imagine how that's true

They are giving themselves room as we get closer to 4CC and Worlds, to push the PCS through the roof. I don't understand why the judges keep rewarding such a lifeless couple with ridiculously undeserving PCS scores. D/R have no incentive to get any better in this scoring system. RIP figure skating.

andromache

Record Breaker
They are giving themselves room as we get closer to 4CC and Worlds, to push the PCS through the roof. I don't understand why the judges keep rewarding such a lifeless couple with ridiculously undeserving PCS scores. D/R have no incentive to get any better in this scoring system. RIP figure skating.

It's kind of a coincidence that you're just repeating some of the same arguments made earlier about another skater's choreography but making them oddly more hyperbolic and exaggerated....