2016 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 Italian Figure Skating Championships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ghilardi goes into third.

And Parma's score won't be near that high.

The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]-youngest skater in the competition will lead going into the Free Skate!!!

Unbelievable!

:cheer: WELL DONE ALESSIA!!! :cheer:

So glad I watched this!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoa! I knew Parma's skate wasn't the best, but 22nd out of 24???!!! :jaw:

I didn't think it was that bad. :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

deneb

On the Ice
Sorry, I checked and I was wrong.
Alessia is not the youngest.
Sara Conti is one month younger: Aug 3, 2003.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I checked and I was wrong.
Alessia is not the youngest.
Sara Conti is one month younger: Aug 3, 2003.

Now that is a surprise. I didn't realise that Conti was as young as 12.

Junior Men just started with a Young Goose who looks VERY young!

CaroLiza_fan

deneb

On the Ice
Another great skate from Daniel.
The most talented junior boy in Italy.
Nobody knows why he was not selected for GPs!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Daniel! Keep an eye on this young goose, he's working on his 3A!

Wow!

Another great skate from Daniel.
The most talented junior boy in Italy.
Nobody knows why he was not selected for GPs!

Was it maybe a case that they wanted to hold him back and give some of the slightly older boys a chance first?

I'm just clutching at straws here! :laugh:

Marco BOZZUTO was good there! Always enjoy a bit of rock music at a skating competition! :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Simone Cervi looks scundered going to the sofa.

I've said this before this season in relation to Jin Boyang, but I'll say it again now.

Every time I hear "Tango Amore", no matter how the skater on screen is, all I can see is Plushenko.

So, sorry Simone.

CaroLiza_fan

deneb

On the Ice
Was it maybe a case that they wanted to hold him back and give some of the slightly older boys a chance first?

I'm just clutching at straws here! :laugh:

Probably it's what the fed thought. But the older boys had their chances in the past years. Only Matteo Rizzo deserved GP spots, the others are inconsistent.
Daniel is as solid as an hammer, he proved it when he was a novice and he is proving it now. His results are growing competition by competition.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, Simone Cervi walked away in frustration in the middle of his scores being announced, leaving his coaches behind!

Reminds me of the strop that Gabriele FRANGIPANI had when waiting for his scores during the Lombardia FS.

Oh, guess what! Gabriele is 2nd to go in this group!

This could be entertaining! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

deneb

On the Ice
Oh, Simone Cervi walked away in frustration in the middle of his scores being announced, leaving his coaches behind!

Reminds me of the strop that Gabriele FRANGIPANI had when waiting for his scores during the Lombardia FS.

Oh, guess what! Gabriele is 2nd to go in this group!

This could be entertaining! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

I really cannot stand that kind of behaviour!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I really cannot stand that kind of behaviour!

No, I don't like it either. It is really disrespectful.

But, we have to remember that these are teenagers. And strops are part of the course when it comes to teenagers.

And I can imagine Italian boys have more dramatic strops than others! :drama: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Probably it's what the fed thought. But the older boys had their chances in the past years. Only Matteo Rizzo deserved GP spots, the others are inconsistent.
Daniel is as solid as an hammer, he proved it when he was a novice and he is proving it now. His results are growing competition by competition.

Totally agree that Matteo Rizzo deserved the assignments. Hey, I even picked him as my choice to win the Senior Nationals title in the Predictions Game!

Seeing another Young Goose, Jari Kessler, just put a thought in my head.

I don't know anything about the Young Goose Academy. But, going by Jari and Daniel's names, I am guessing that they are from the South Tyrol.

Could there be a bit of racism in the decision not to send Daniel to Junior GP's? You know, favouring the ethnic Italians over the ethnic Austrians.

Of course, that argument falls down when you consider how many years Carolina Kostner was getting selected for international assignments. But, then you think about what Carolina has gone through this past year, and the attitudes of some of the authorities towards her, and you do start to wonder...

Considering how many of Italy's top skiiers are from the South Tyrol, there doesn't seem to be discrimination against them in skisports.

So, does it happen elsewhere?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Drat! Went away for too long again and missed the start of Paolo Balestri!

Are Italian resurfacings a lot shorter than they are in other countries?!

I see that Manuel PIAZZA, Davide GARDENER and Riccardo Maria MAGLIO have disappeared from the entry list.

So, only 3 in the final group.

It was nearly hardly worth having a resurfacing!

Would it not have made more sense to re-arrange the skaters so that there were 4 in Group 2 and 4 in Group 3?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

deneb

On the Ice
Totally agree that Matteo Rizzo deserved the assignments. Hey, I even picked him as my choice to win the Senior Nationals title in the Predictions Game!

I don't know anything about the Young Goose Academy. But, going by Jari and Daniel's names, I am guessing that they are from the South Tyrol.

Could there be a bit of racism in the decision not to send Daniel to Junior GP's? You know, favouring the ethnic Italians over the ethnic Austrians.

Of course, that argument falls down when you consider how many years Carolina Kostner was getting selected for international assignments. But, then you think about what Carolina has gone through this past year, and the attitudes of some of the authorities towards her, and you do start to wonder...

Considering how many of Italy's top skiiers are from the South Tyrol, there doesn't seem to be discrimination against them in skisports.

CaroLiza_fan

YGA is located in Egna and yeah you guessed it right, South Tyrol. It's the same club where Nicole Gosviani is training!

And no, no racism. I absolutly excluded it as a reason.

deneb

On the Ice
Drat! Went away for too long again and missed the start of Paolo Balestri!

Are Italian resurfacings a lot shorter than they are in other countries?!

I see that Manuel PIAZZA, Davide GARDENER and Riccardo Maria MAGLIO have disappeared from the entry list.

So, only 3 in the final group.

It was nearly hardly worth having a resurfacing!

Would it not have made more sense to re-arrange the skaters so that there were 4 in Group 2 and 4 in Group 3?

CaroLiza_fan

Resurfacing takes only 10 minutes!

But hey, thay were late by about 12 minutes now thanks to WDs they are 20 minutes early!

Vernella

Rinkside

CaroLiza_fan

I can't say if there's anything fishy going on since this is the first junior competition i follow since forever... but if there's any bias and I had to guess, I'd say it's more a matter of club reputation. The regions of Italy where ice skating is practiced are mostly on the northern border and have high ethnicity mixes, so it would be difficult to be picky about that. We even recruited a russian because we need successful skaters. I believe it's more probable they favored the older skaters to encourage them to not leave the sport
(well it's my guess as an italian ex-skater, but since I left the skating scene long ago many thing may have changed so who knows)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yipes. Junior Pairs starting early. i.e. NOW!!!

CaroLiza_fan