2017 CS US International Classic Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Pairs FS

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Anybody knows, in the lift mistake, was it a problem of coordination, or it was Michael or Kirsten alone who made a mistake. I am not good with pairs lifts...at all

humbaba

Final Flight
M-T/M's very last lift was the one that looked scary to me. The one where he's not turning. It looked like he could barely keep his legs moving. I wonder if the issue is stamina?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Anybody knows, in the lift mistake, was it a problem of coordination, or it was Michael or Kirsten alone who made a mistake. I am not good with pairs lifts...at all

Their lifts are always problematic. Really scary at times. This time something went wrong after she was already up and it was aborted. At least it didn't look dangerous.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You mean you don't eat your dinner in front of the screen? LOL. Don't tell my husband, he'll think I'm even more of a fs fanatic. :)

I think they were disappointed, after being in 2nd place after the short.

Oh, that makes sense. And yeah, I normally do, but I try not to when eating with people. Last night I brought my computer to my dinner with hubby and tonight I figured I should probably actually talk to him ;) Unfortunately for me I mistimed supper preparations and we didn't eat solely during resurfacing. :dev2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
M-T/M's very last lift was the one that looked scary to me. The one where he's not turning. It looked like he could barely keep his legs moving. I wonder if the issue is stamina?

Michael's strength has often been questioned and strength training suggested. But I think it's likely more about technique. It takes good coordination and a good flow to get the girl up. I also believe his poor posture has a lot to do with his inability to sustain his strength once he's got his partner up. The Chinese Pairs don't depend on big size difference to perform those wonderful lifts and throws they are known for.

katymay

Medalist
They should not be allowed to have exclusivity or charge for their product. Genuinely terrible in every aspect. Little to no redeeming qualities.

When you consider that almost every gymnastics meet, and swimming meet have live FREE feeds, and both sports have had an explosion of popularity. The USFSA ought to host free streams in order to build more interest in the sport. (USA Gymastics and USA Swimming both have deals with NBC, and NBC does't have a problem with them hosting free feeds before the competitions air on TV)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, that makes sense. And yeah, I normally do, but I try not to when eating with people. Last night I brought my computer to my dinner with hubby and tonight I figured I should probably actually talk to him ;) Unfortunately for me I mistimed supper preparations and we didn't eat solely during resurfacing. :dev2:

this all sounds very familiar! hm....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
*sigh* okay.. I'm going to harp. I'm starting to think MM is going to really drop KMT one day. It's so freakin' scary. I'm still not over the aborted twist at nationals. Did any of you see that one? After that every time he puts her up into the twist I'm anxiety ridden. I can't enjoy their skating at all anymore.

I' thought Alexa and Chris looked good. I can't watch all the performances because of my bandwidth issues until Monday. I'm really hopeful I'll be able to watch the autumn classic.

Keep up the good work guys!

skatemouse

On the Ice
*sigh* okay.. I'm going to harp. I'm starting to think MM is going to really drop KMT one day. It's so freakin' scary. I'm still not over the aborted twist at nationals. Did any of you see that one? After that every time he puts her up into the twist I'm anxiety ridden. I can't enjoy their skating at all anymore.

I' thought Alexa and Chris looked good. I can't watch all the performances because of my bandwidth issues until Monday. I'm really hopeful I'll be able to watch the autumn classic.

Keep up the good work guys!

Not trying to beat down anyone just an observation but in person they are like the brother sister pair from Blades and Glory. They put off such a strange vibe and are nice in person but not in a way that translates. I can't put my finger on it. They were for the most part solid here but they are lucky that the Knierim's are not in full shape yet and had obviously last minute changes. I hope good things happen for them. Like you said Keep up the hard work!! It's just the beginning!