2017 CS US International Classic Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Pairs FS

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I believe so because I had heard they were going after a spot at Nebelhorn.

Well the five teams a lot of people thought had the best shot were the North Koreans, the Australians, the Czech team, the Austrians and the Japanese. This team just beat the Japanese team by almost 12 points, and I know it's hard to compare scores across comps, but the Austrians were about 10 points lower at Lombardia. Big for the team event.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So much for Chaplin ... but Ghost still works, big time.:luv17: I had goose bumps and damp eyes.

They looked like they hadn't practiced it much lately. When he rolled her across his back, they didn't look quite in synch.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I can't decide if Kirsten is really brave or if she has a death wish. Michael scares me to death on lifts and the triple twist.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
They're looking super sharp, they could really move up this season
Mike just need to get a handle on that lift thing, Not sure if it's stamina or whatever

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I absolutely love MT/ M long program. They looked secure all the way through .... er, well, almost. The lift that came down didn't look insecure to me, but then the final lift was pretty scary in the initial hoist.

I adore Kirsten's landing on throw jumps.:luv17:

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Aborted early the lift.

I don't know... I always felt like Marinaro is the limiting factor to this pair. And I hate saying that, because I know pairs is hard. But so far it's him barely hanging on the SBS jumps, him traveling during SBS spins, him and his shaky twist and lifts... hopefully they will be ready to kick butts in the next quad.

gold12345

Medalist
So much for Chaplin ... but Ghost still works, big time.:luv17: I had goose bumps and damp eyes.

They looked like they hadn't practiced it much lately. When he rolled her across his back, they didn't look quite in synch.

I believe they made a very recent switch to Ghost. It already looks better than last year.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What happened with that lift? Overall very good though.

Now I hope I don't have to worry about his strength so I can hope his posture will improve. I think bad posture also affects his lifts. He is just not well centred and aligned for the flow and exercising of strength.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Well the five teams a lot of people thought had the best shot were the North Koreans, the Australians, the Czech team, the Austrians and the Japanese. This team just beat the Japanese team by almost 12 points, and I know it's hard to compare scores across comps, but the Austrians were about 10 points lower at Lombardia. Big for the team event.

So far, I would say the race for the last four spots is between the following countries: JPN, KOR, AUT, PRK, CZE, ISR, ESP.

Edit: And AUS! How could I forget them! Prediction for the last four spots: PRK, CZE, AUS, ISR or AUT.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So far, I would say the race for the last four spots is between the following countries: JPN, KOR, AUT, PRK, CZE, ISR, ESP.

I agree. The Japanese pair didn't look very good here or at the Quebec summer event though. North Koreans looked good in the summer, Isreal looked good here. It'll be interesting.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh stink, I was eating dinner and missed the MT/M and K/K. Caught the last bit of Brian and Chelsea's program anyway... looked pretty good; hopefully the first bit was as nice.

Edit: Ooo, bronze for them!! How fantastic! Is Chelsea feeling all right? They didn't react at all when their scores were read out.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh stink, I was eating dinner and missed the MT/M and K/K. Caught the last bit of Brian and Chelsea's program anyway... looked pretty good; hopefully the first bit was as nice.

Edit: Ooo, bronze for them!! How fantastic! Is Chelsea feeling all right? They didn't react at all when their scores were read out.

You mean you don't eat your dinner in front of the screen? LOL. Don't tell my husband, he'll think I'm even more of a fs fanatic. :)

I think they were disappointed, after being in 2nd place after the short.