2017 GP Skate America Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Free Dance

Bcash

Final Flight
Don't skaters have to agree to do the final as part of the ISU Grand Prix rules? As I recall there have been instances where someone did not want to compete and so came up with a questionable injury.

Of course there was the time that Michelle Kwan put her foot down (but not on the ice :) ). In 2002-2003 she wanted to skip the whole Grand Prix, but the USFSA begged her to save Skate America after Gold Medalists Sarah Hughes, Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze and Sale & Peletier all withdrew (and Alexei Yagudin also withdrew after the winning the short program). Michelle reluctantly agreed, won Skate America, and her points from that one event qualified her for the Grand Prix Final.

Interesting! Didn't know about this. That both pairs even entered that competition. And Michelle skated a nice SP but did look underprepared in the LP, with a terrible costume.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I like the back of Rachel's dress but the front is a little odd.

Clearly I just feel like being the fashion police today.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I fear my dreams won't come true. At least I hope that Piper & Paul are a bit more lucky and can move up the ladder. :clapper:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Lurking and watching until dinner. Good luck to all teams.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
This dance seems a bit uninspired compared to the original. Still, kudos for them for bringing this theme back.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I cannot help myself. Everything on Michael is so north-American. From his name to his outward appearence.:p

alain06fr

On the Ice
If V/M do skip the GPF it would mean the first confrontation for both teams will be at the Olympics! Can you imagine the battle? It would get even more epic that it already is.

On one hand, Tessa and Scott already have that one GPF gold medal so they might not care about another one, they came back for the Olympics and Olympics only. On the other hand, they would lose the valuable feedback from the judges regarding performing head to head with P/C. For that reason alone I believe they will go, eventually. If they want to change the FD they might skip the Nationals (can they do that?) or 4CC. UNLESS it's something MAJOR, like getting a new FD altogether.

V/M skipping the GPF... Hummmm...., I heard about this "threat" already in Grenoble and... and that was not necessary for good reasons.
Let's see what they will decide but they don't look that serene.
They won their 2 Grand-Prix but they never managed to be the first in ice dance history to break the 200pts and AFAIK, they were quite obsessed to reach that goal.
If they go to GPF, they will be there as the 2nd ice dance couple.

As for P/C, they will for sure go to Osaka for the GPF and then to Moscow for the Europeans. No doubt about it. They will compete as much as they can.

We are 3.5 months far from the Olympics and I hardly see V/M coming with a new FD.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I liked the twizzles on the marching music.

However their lifts are a little awkward on the exits.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
V/M skipping the GPF... Hummmm...., I heard about this "threat" already in Grenoble and... and that was not necessary for good reasons.
Let's see what they will decide but they don't look that serene.
They won their 2 Grand-Prix but they never managed to be the first in ice dance history to break the 200pts and AFAIK, they were quite obsessed to reach that goal.
If they go to GPF, they will be there as the 2nd ice dance couple.

As for P/C, they will for sure go to Osaka for the GPF and then to Moscow for the Europeans. No doubt about it. They will compete as much as they can.

We are 3.5 months far from the Olympics and I hardly see V/M coming with a new FD.

Ah? Do we have some gossips I don't know? Did they say they won't participate in the gpf or its purely fans' speculation?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Way to get the ball rolling. Awwww! That bear! Me gusta muchisimo.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
The FD is interesting (obviously). They have to finish their movements though, not do them for the sake of it.
They have nice tricks too.

Crystal7

Final Flight
Hi there! :) Oh, I like that piece of music. It's beautiful :) Parsons seem to be... a little bit off? I don't know. Like they were not fully there, but thinking about something else.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
good or bad 'whoa'?:laugh:

Good, we get intelligent, informative commentary. I learn something new each time from Ben. He gives constructive criticism and is respectful towards the skaters, coaches and judges.