2017 GP Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Tessa jumps from that flip entry to the lift it always freaks me out and is a bit eww at the same time.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Are you forgetting that its always been a three-way tie between skate canada, skate american and COP for the worst "home cooking"? because alot of people here seem to forget that.

I'm not forgetting that. I'm saying I'm tired of it affecting the results. That's all.

Giselle

Medalist
Hubbell/Donohue will face Virtue/Moir again at NHK and Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE so the best they could hope for is bronze & silver.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tessa and Scott were wonderful. :love:
They've done better twizzles, though.

I love how the twizzles end with the music though. A wow moment.

Either at GPF or OLY calling it now.

Why not by NHK? They were super close here and they'll keep improving it.

Well, Papadakis and Cizeron can ...score more than V/M.

I mean... they've never scored a total that high so... They can, just like V/M can score higher. They have the FS highest ever score, but V/M have the SD and overall.

Hotness contest between coach and student. :laugh:

That whole school though. Marie-France, Tessa, Madi, Olivia, Laurence, Gabi... Patrice, Romain, Scott, Zach, Guillaume, Nikolaj, Adria...

Without that 1 pt time violation deduction they would have been in front!

Weaver/Poje got a violation for the lift too long in the free, so we could just add +1 to both totals.

Oh well... same old story. I hope this won't end up taking them out of the GPF.

I'm happy they have two really strong programs and they look amazing already. H/D are the only dance team I'm really a fan of, so it's a bit of a heartbreak every time for one reason or another.

They were pretty thrilled though. And that's right on par with what the Shibs got, even with the deduction. They're in a good position

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
The scores here were a tad higher, mostly GOE, than COR. I do think it's because the top 4 delivered good programs, and the overall impression of the last group was much better.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN199.8611video
2Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN190.0123video
3Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA189.4332video
4Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA165.2054video
5Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS155.7265video
6Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP154.8147video
7Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN150.2776video
8Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS GER146.0888video
9Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL144.7899video
10Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR140.831010video

Bcash

Final Flight
I have NO problem with the Virtue and Moir scores here. They were brilliant. I felt Hubbell and Donahue outskated Weaver and Poje in both programs and deserved the silver. That they placed third and could find themselves out of the GP Final is what concerns me.

Yes, especially in the SD. W/P benefited from skating on home ice and "being on the scene for longer".
I did hear Zach say they need to place 2nd at both their GP events to qualify. I hope there's still some way for them to do that have placed 3rd here.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Yes, especially in the SD. W/P benefited from skating on home ice and "being on the scene for longer".
I did hear Zach say they need to place 2nd at both their GP events to qualify. I hope there's still some way for them to do that have placed 3rd here.

With two silvers is a bit more guaranteed that they will qualify, but a silver and a bronze is quite possible too, especially with those scores.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Struggling with sorting out spellings - Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Kaetlyn...