2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kovtun's in first!

But I have hopes...Sergei and Mikhail are coming and I should go to bed because I have work tomorrow but I need to see how they go! I hope the judges are fair!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Fascinating, Tarasova is saying Kovtun was judged too harshly in the SP and that in previous years he would have been 4th rather than 7th.

madison

Record Breaker
whats his current SP standing ?
I don't think he can win with that skate but I feel for him though, he looks emotional and wanted to cry after his skate.

he was seventh in SP
i am also sympathetic with him but it s clear he doesn t have the mental strength to be a champion.

areuskater

Match Penalty
I guess I'm wrong, he can still place maybe 3rd
how consistent are Voronov and Samarin ?? I guess if one falters, Kovtun can still qualify for European champs.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fascinating, Tarasova is saying Kovtun was judged too harshly in the SP and that in previous years he would have been 4th rather than 7th.

For real? That SP was a disaster...Maxim was all over the place! I think he popped like two jumps!

OMG It's Max and Tatiana with Mozer on this...whatever it is on Match Arena

areuskater

Match Penalty
he was seventh in SP
i am also sympathetic with him but it s clear he doesn t have the mental strength to be a champion.

maybe now he wont win, it will take some burden off his shoulders.
so its Kolyada or Samarin for the win now ?

winky97

Medalist
ha TAT confirmed the CSKA bonus for her fav Kovtun that isnt present now (sadly for her & luckily for us):laugh:

He is still with CSKA, but did not get this so called bonus. I suspect it more has to do with the coaches and the juice they have or don't have. Why call it the CSKA bonus? Should probably be the Elena Buianova bonus since it seems to follow her.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see how Alla Shekhovtseva judged Kovtun's FS.

What's the deal with the CSKA bonus? Why do they get it?

Because CSKA represents the army: it's a very old club strong in almost each discipline (even basketball, football, maybe hockey,...)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Interesting scoring. I guess this happens if you aren't considered to be Russian no. 1 any longer. But Russia has to send it's most competitive skaters to Europeans and Worlds and although Kovtun is one of the most talented he is clearly not very competitive at the moment.

madison

Record Breaker
Dima had better TES than Kovtun.
I don t really understand this push and support from Russian Fed, and it is smth that lasts for years :(.

tyrolean skates

Rinkside
I really do like Maxim Kovtun - but he hardly ever delivers a clean short as well as a clean free Programm. So I am afraid he will not make it to the Podium here.