2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Veronique looks great for not having competed in 2 years.

She only popped one jump in her long, although she’s missing a flip/lutz.

If she can get those under control I would love to see her get that third spot for worlds this year.

She has a 3-3 too!

Looking at Skate Canada back in 2013-2015, Veronik never quite had 3z and 3f under control. In the SP, she could land 3f nicely, but she went for the loop rather than the lutz because she had a pretty bad flutz (e rather than !). She struggled with both lutz and flip in the freeskates.

She is 23 now (24 in November) and it is possible she can get 3f and 3z back and more consistent than when she was younger, although it is a tough proposition. But her basic skating skills are far superior to those of Larkyn Austman, and if she can stay on her feet, even without lutz and flip she has an advantage over Alaine Chartrand, who still struggles with URs and edge calls.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
JGP Canada’s roster is now up.

In addition to the previously announced Lajoie/Lagha, the other ice dance spots go to Makita/Gunara and McIsaac/Circelli.

Four pairs spots.

Bausback, Bulawka, and Schumacher get the ladies berths.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
JGP Canada’s roster is now up.

In addition to the previously announced Lajoie/Lagha, the other ice dance spots go to Makita/Gunara and McIsaac/Circelli.

Four pairs spots.

Bausback, Bulawka, and Schumacher get the ladies berths.

:yahoo: How I wish I lived closer to Metro Vancouver right about now...

[emoji253][emoji254][emoji890][emoji258][emoji259][emoji272][emoji255]🥀[emoji257]

[emoji260] a big Canadian thank you to Siberia

I really appreciate those who provide all the video links...I can't thank Siberia and other uploaders enough. :bow:

TGee, where DO you get the lovely bouquet of flowers? I'm as close to computer illiterate as one gets, but am thinking they might be an Apple iPad thingy?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
[emoji253][emoji254][emoji890][emoji258][emoji259][emoji272][emoji255]��[emoji257]

Oh, such a pretty bouquet of flowers, TGee! :ghug:

I really appreciate those who provide all the video links...I can't thank Siberia and other uploaders enough. :bow:

You're very welcome. :)

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY Canadian figure skaters will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Great! Thank you GS Management, as many nation-based Threads end up as bashing havens for non-home athletes, as we have seen with Kaetlyn, Gabby and Caro in recent years. To defend our preferred can be perceived as bickering. This is a positive move. :agree:

I appreciate the change!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY Canadian figure skaters will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!
So does that, for instance, mean that when discussing Grand Prix assignments for Canadian skaters we can’t make any mention of other people assigned to the same event in terms of assessing odds, etc.?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
So does that, for instance, mean that when discussing Grand Prix assignments for Canadian skaters we can’t make any mention of other people assigned to the same event in terms of assessing odds, etc.?

A good question CG. To me, I think it means no smack talking of other nations athletes in a national-based Thread.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Post like those should be discussed in the competition forums.

For national threads, unfortunately it appears that many posters get riled and/or defensive anytime another skater from another nationality is brought up. As a result, we've had to much bickering, division, and derailing.

TGee

Record Breaker
I really appreciate those who provide all the video links...I can't thank Siberia and other uploaders enough. [emoji144]

TGee, where DO you get the lovely bouquet of flowers? I'm as close to computer illiterate as one gets, but am thinking they might be an Apple iPad thingy?
Android/Google...

My eastern slavic heritage is showing...

One always needs an assortment of flowers for any number of social communications. [emoji6]

TGee

Record Breaker
For those of you who were a bit (very?) annoyed by my fangirl squealing in my fancam of Nic's LP, I've cut this video from the Patinage Québec archived livestream: https://vimeo.com/284513182

I've also done the same for Joseph's SP: https://vimeo.com/284173815
Thanks again Siberia [emoji257]🥀[emoji255][emoji272][emoji259][emoji258][emoji890][emoji254][emoji253]

A thought occurred as I rewatched Jo's SP...

He's channelling a lot more of Toller than we've seen for a while in Canadian men.

Look at part 3 of Toller's Magic Planet TV special...

http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2016/08/toller-cranston-visits-magic-planet.html?m=1

And a shout out to SkateGuard for compiling so much great skating history.

My own view is that it's past time for the CBC to work with Toller's estate and get the TV specials from the 80s remastered into HD.

Android/Google...

My eastern slavic heritage is showing...

One always needs an assortment of flowers for any number of social communications. [emoji6]

:laugh: Thanks from someone who doesn't use a cell phone. My thumbs couldn't handle one of those that utilize text. :p I'll just continue to enjoy YOUR pretty bouquets.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For those of you who were a bit (very?) annoyed by my fangirl squealing in my fancam of Nic's LP, I've cut this video from the Patinage Québec archived livestream: https://vimeo.com/284513182

I've also done the same for Joseph's SP: https://vimeo.com/284173815

this is amazing!!! i loved the fancam for the SP /JO... because you can really see how he is gliding... but the other angle is interesting as well.

What was distracting in Nic's LP is solved here and it wasn't not your emotional squealing ;) we like that!! it was the sound system in the arena... that s fixed now ...

I LOVE both of these programs... WOW... Nic and Depeche Mode and wow that step sequence... I said it before I declare this program better than his ELivs.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
[emoji253][emoji254][emoji890][emoji258][emoji259][emoji272][emoji255]🥀[emoji257]

Yes, thank you very much, siberia82! :) I really enjoyed watching Nam's programs. It looks like his basic skating skills and speed have improved, which was especially apparent in the SP. I think that both programs have a lot of potential!