2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Z/G was RIDDLED with mistakes. They're lucky it's Nats, because in a GP that performance would be roasted over an open spit.

At this rate, the program should be "competition ready" sometime in like oh next August.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I don’t think Blues for Klook is their best music choice, but then bluesy vibe isn’t a bad idea. Maybe something with a bit more force? They could actually do a decent Nemesis. Or Seven Nation Army. But they need a punchier track.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I don’t think Blues for Klook is their best music choice, but then bluesy vibe isn’t a bad idea. Maybe something with a bit more force? They could actually do a decent Nemesis. Or Seven Nation Army. But they need a punchier track.

Come to think of it, they would do well with Marin's version of Seven Nation Army.

Metis

Record Breaker
RusNats already trolled us hard with Kovtun's cuckoo bananas PCS. Why stop there?

He smartly made his mistake early in the skate, and as they say in the South... “Bless his heart, he’s making an effort.” It was Kovtun at his most musical, to damn him with faint praise.

I just accept that scores at nationals are whatever the powers above want them to be, barring disaster skates. There was a team that got 4s in their PCS in the RD. Fours. At nationals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Metis

Record Breaker
Come to think of it, they would do well with Marin's version of Seven Nation Army.

That’s what I was thinking. They need something that announces “I’m here and I’m AWESOME” and that allows them to serve face, so some sexual tension, whatever. Lyrics would also help win over the crowd. BFK requires a head to toe commitment to movement that they don’t have yet, and some of their positions seem really discordant (why is he tugging her by the ankle?).

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
S/K's music literally put me to sleep. My eyes closed of their own accord. I came to like 30 seconds later, shocked that time had passed. It's like they tried to find the most soporific Bach they could.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He's pretty thrilled with that. Probably what happened last year was in the back of their minds too.

Metis

Record Breaker
S/K's music literally put me to sleep. My eyes closed of their own accord. I came to like 30 seconds later, shocked that time had passed. It's like they tried to find the most soporific Bach they could.

They do Ambien better than anyone else. It’s both a compliment and my agreeing with you.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
That was very nice, but a little bit boring (which is my ultimate thing to say for most of the ice dance programs these days :biggrin:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The PCS for S/K should be HILARIOUS.

Well Zhulin finally found the solution to How Do You Solve a Problem Like Katsalapov? Chain him to a Plodding Moderato tempo.

H/D should be worried. That's going to challenge for Silver at Worlds.

ETA: 128.31

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh you just can't get better High Comedy than Nationals.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
It's really a shame about Z/G. I'd hoped early in the season they'd grow into this music, but it seems like they've had more trouble with each performance.
This has to be the strangest place I've ever watched skating. I'm participating in an experimental drug study and I'm in the observation room for several hours, watching skating in Russian from Napa, CA. In other news, I passed Peggy Fleming's vineyard on the way in.