2018 GTSA Summer Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 GTSA Summer Skate

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Great skate from Nam! I'm not super eager for more LaLaLand programs, but that was at least a good cut. Well executed, nicely graceful where it needed to be, and he looked like he was enjoying it. I'd be happy to see this take him far this year.

synteis

Medalist
Look at Nam go! He's looking more like his old self. I hope he has a wonderful season this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Nam
FP: 177.56
Total: 262.11

synteis

Medalist
Keagen fell on his 4Lz, a 4T past the halfway point (I think) and popped his 3A to a 1A. But he's clearly tasted top 10 and is going for the GPF and the podium! Some super impressive transitions, wow!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aww, too bad. It feels like when the 4Lz goes wrong right off the bat it's hard to get the rest of the jumps right. Still a great program, though.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
4z looked rotated to me, but i forgot to watch the replay. Bit of a mess, when we know he can do that program so much better. But he's got the same charm as always, guess Nam just ate up the one clean skate the ice had to offer today. I'd say that battle for the national title is going to be a hot one!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Nam snatches it for the win! Feel bad for Keegan, but glad to see Nam skate so well. Good luck to both of them through the season!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
LOL, Keegan always enjoyable! Ambitious program. Nam also great. Looks much better than recent seasons. And congrats to first place.

Nice to watch my first live figure skating competition this season on a Sunday evening.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The jumps Keegan did were:

4Lz
3T
3A
1Lo
4t
3S-3T
1A

A few things went wrong there, but possibly the layout is meant to be:

4Lz
4T-3T
3A-2T
3Lo
4T
3S
3A

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm still waiting for the Senior Men free skate to be archived, so in the meanwhile, you guys can watch my 540p screen recording of Nam's gold medal LP, and I'll later replace it with the higher quality livestream footage: https://vimeo.com/285729657

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Thanks siberia82! Nam is def. back and it is wonderful to see. :) Tough day for Keegan but best to have that type of performance now rather than on the GP circuit. Having both pushing each other over the season will be exciting.

PS I hope a few of you got to meet today, while the rest of us were living vicariously through you and your LIVE posts

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
PS I hope a few of you got to meet today, while the rest of us were living vicariously through you and your LIVE posts

Thanks O24G. It was nice to meet Haleth today and we enjoyed watching the men's free program :).

Here are my belated thoughts:

It was thrilling to watch Nam nail his program live. He seemed a lot more relaxed today and committed to the program than at Minto, even as he was going into his opening quads. I found him to be a bit slow during the step sequence but he was foot perfect on all his jumps and by the 6th jumping pass the whole arena was clapping along and he sold the choreo sequence. It's great to see such improvement from him in just a few weeks and I am now much more convinced that Lalaland can work for him.

It was a surprise to see Keegan attempt the quad lutz and a good first attempt in competition. Keegan had a few other mistakes but he didn't let go of his character and maintained his Chaplin charm. Even though 30 seconds was cut from the program from last season, it still felt complete and enjoyable with the nice choreographic touches. It's his first competition this season so it's good to see him pushing his technical content and using a familiar program to do so is a good strategy.

Shoutout to Bennet Toman, who despite falling on the opening quads, had much better rotation on them than at Minto. He has good speed and some nice centred spins. I think with the two competitions he has done so far, he definitely can be a contender for the Nationals podium (but we haven't seen Kevin yet).

A treat to see some of the top Canadian men go head to head.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we saw kevin at BC Skate last night.... he had a great short... in the 90s... just a 4t was < his long was a disaster though... but both programs are brand new. They are not my cup of tea but Kevin's :) his short focused really on his strength and I think that if he can master the choreo quickly with the LP, he will be dangerous at his challengers gp events

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^ Thanks, I need to catch up on some programs as I went out yesterday evening and haven't watched them (nor the SPs from GTSA).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm still waiting for the Senior Men free skate to be archived, so in the meanwhile, you guys can watch my 540p screen recording of Nam's gold medal LP, and I'll later replace it with the higher quality livestream footage: https://vimeo.com/285729657

Just letting you all know that the video has now been updated to the 720p version. :)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do you know if the videos were archived on DM? I missed yesterday skating, and I'd like to watch a few skaters from seniors and Amelia Orzel from group 2 juniors. I tried DM without much success.

PS: I managed to find junior men...still trying for others

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
all the videos for GSTA have been archived... for BC Summer Skate, they had a music delay problem the first night, so those videos including Kevin's and Larkyn's new SPs are not available for now.... the others are archived... it's the same principle for all summer series.. daily motion, search for SkateBC and you should find them...

Patinage Quebec has also archived theirs but in huge chunks... so i take the skating orders and skip back and forth depending on what i want to watch...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thanks Colonel Green! I've managed to watch senior ladies and men FS (one video), and junior group 2 (for Amelia Orzel).