2018 Minto Summer Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Minto Summer Skate

TGee

Record Breaker
Iliya's grown and matured... Nice 3As...If he can improve consistency and deliver as he did for the FS, he'll be a contender this season.

I like Corey's big, high jumps...making room for more rotations...expect to see him stabilize more as he fills out up top.

Haleth

On the Ice
Looks like 1) Stephen, 2) Conrad, 3) Joseph

Sorry on my phone and hit send without thinking. Only got to see part of Conrad’s skating plus Stephen and Joseph. Joseph kept his Godfather FP. All looked or acted tired and maybe sore (Conrad and Joseph from hitting the boards last night), all of them stumbled. Some pops and I think Stephen fell once? I think them being tired and the small rink hampered performances.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Iliya's James Bond program was my favourite performance of the morning. :rock:

fierysky

Rinkside
Sorry on my phone and hit send without thinking. Only got to see part of Conrad’s skating plus Stephen and Joseph. Joseph kept his Godfather FP. All looked or acted tired and maybe sore (Conrad and Joseph from hitting the boards last night), all of them stumbled. Some pops and I think Stephen fell once? I think them being tired and the small rink hampered performances.

It was a punishing schedule for sure. Everyone looked tired and less energetic than last night. I think Stephen stumbled a few times on the footwork too. Hope he's ok.

Iliya's James Bond program was my favourite performance of the morning. :rock:

Me too. :) Really enjoyed his skate.

TGee

Record Breaker
Agreed that the small rink affected the performances...

But nationals and ISU events in North America are more often held on North American (i.e. NHL sized) rinks.

Skaters and coaches need to be prepared to skate on both Olympic and North American rinks.

We see similar issues with pairs and dance teams that train on North American rinks, and don't adjust well to full Olympic rinks...

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Ouch, the lack of resting time really affected their programs. The GOE fluctuation though

Congrats to the skaters! :thumbsup:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bon travail, Noémie! 3Lz2T, 2A with a step out, 3F, 42.64 and third place in the short program - a great result for the first competition of the season! :hap10:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Nice competition for juniors! With all the small problems I have a hint it will be better than senior skating. Honestly, all I want for the older guys to skate clean, and interpret the music. I don't care of big jumps. As for the tiredness. It's normal, it's a summer competition. I am sure that Stephen's program is fairly new, so the stumbles were OK. The quad Luts was good in the air, but he could not land it as his blade slipped. Landing a 4Lz is not a piece of cake. He is only 13 year old. I think this summer competition looks good for junior men.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Alexa Rakic and Alec Guinbourg looked really young. I guess that they should be close to Stephen age wise.

Scout

Final Flight
Anyone watching the ladies short?

Emy Decelles just skated: 3T (free leg a bit wild on landing, I'm guessing she wanted 3T-3T here), 3F-2T, 2A.

Alaine has withdrawn.

netterina

Rinkside
I guess so, that's a shame--really enjoyed Madeline Schizas though, missed part of her score but I think it was 46.xx and 1st in the group.

Scout

Final Flight
Not sure, I was watching seniors, not juniors.

She wasn't in the top 3 after the short program though -

1) Madeline Schizas, with a score of 46+
2) Elodie Adsuar
3) Victoria Bocknek

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I watched all the skaters from the group 2. There was no Aurora. Anyway she was supposed to be before Natalie D'Alexandro.

blue_ice

On the Ice
Boys from cricket did ok, unlike girls. With skating like that, you can't compete with Russians or Japanese. Canadian junior women field is very weak.