2018 Russian Junior Nationals - men | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals - men

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Danielyan is good and well trained but something is missing...emotion? I never get the feeling that he loves to skate. I know it's all subjective, but skaters like Murashov, Kutovoy, Kunitsa, etc. just have that special quality which I don't find from him.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Whoever end up in podium will go to JWC? or will they swap if someone like Andrey Mozalyov end up in podium while Erokhov is 4th...

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Danielyan is good and well trained but something is missing...emotion? I never get the feeling that he loves to skate. I know it's all subjective, but skaters like Murashov, Kutovoy, Kunitsa, etc. just have that special quality which I don't find from him.

:think: Perhaps because he has good movements but doesn't give much face?
I wouldn't mind to see him at JW (if he does this again tomorrow), but the TES surprised me since his landings were all a bit scratchy with not great flow.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Top 5 after SP
1 Artur Danielyan 83.91 (highest TES 45.30)
2 Alexey Erokhov 82.52 (highest PCS 39.61)
3 Egor Murashov 80.32
4 Andrey Mozalyov 75.25
5 Makar Ignatov 74.79

Protocols
Places 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 16, 17 (8/18) landed 3A

Matvei 1A noooo :sad4: but it's ok, he's not competing for JW spot anyway
Savosin fell on 3A
Samoilov landed 3a but then messed up his combo and doubled lutz :palmf:
Spin and step levels are all over the place :slink:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I respectively disagree. While I didn't closely watch the event (only followed a link posted by a Russian poster on the 4CC ladies' thread), Danielyan whom I saw for the first time looked very intriguing. I thought he with Lambiel's music can be a good performer with 3A someday. :) His strong determination and drive excited me and his upper body usages were good enough to make me think of his skate "charismatic" although he needs to work on facial expressions. I've seen many skaters (lower tiered skaters or juniors mostly) using Poeta but they never drew me in until the boy.

On the other hand, well, I can agree that all three youngsters you mentioned have talents but I don't get much feeling from Murashov who bored me. Kutovoy is a good junior skater, but I don't get the special "it" factor as well unlike Kunitsa who has strong star quality and musicality.

So we can agree that taste is all subjective. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I can't see much improvement from Samoilov...does Plushy still pretend to coach him or did he cut his losses? Zero interpretation skills. 214.76.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Lol I was so confused until I realized that this had both sp and fs in it...

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Oh, Makar.
Why is he always so dead at the end? He came off the ice gasping for air. I do like his smoothness, and arms, and that he does the 'Deniss' spin (ofc not nearly as good as Deniss does it).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess the podium will be Erokhov, Savosin and Danielyan in some order unless someone melts down. I'd love to see Murashov get a medal but I don't think it will happen...

edit - several pops from Alexei but at least he stayed on his feet...I wish we had a tech box here