2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

Mattieu

Medalist
She is 171 cm ( 5'7 1/2"), he is 187 cm (just short of 6'2")

[/url]

With all due respect, I have seen la miss Tiffany live and she is way taller than 171, I'd say at least 174cm. She was almost as tall as Alexis Miart in the end and he was 177, so possibly she is 175cm. I was shocked how tall she is.
The ISU bio is clearly out of date.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
ISU has wrong info. I saw her in competiton last year and made selfies with her. I'm 172 or slightly taller and she is taller than me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Bobrova and Soloviev were compelling and lovely today! Anyone that can make Zhulin cry like this deserves the gold medal! But they put it all on the ice!!

It's such a complicated storyline. Now B/S have developed into compelling narrative skaters, but this is the first time when the storyline flowed seamlessly. The ending, for the first time all season, felt both earned and poignant. Since it's their last nationals, what a lovely memory for them to have in the future--to have skated a program to its fullest emotional potential in front of your home crowd. Good for them.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Gorshkov said to RIA sport or another news agency that he receives treatment in hospital for the anckle.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Wow! Yes, I do find this withdrawl shocking. Frankly for choice of music and pure interpretation, S/K were my favorite Russian ice dance team this year. Lifts were never Nikita's strength. It's hard to tell if he was physically injured or mentally despondent after that lift. The first part of the FD was wonderful. Unless Nikita has some extraordinary explanation, I doubt that they will have any chance at a European, Olympic or World spot.

There is always WTT. Are they having that though? Oh well, time will out.

bramweld

Record Breaker
He barely could move his leg and it was quite apparent. Maybe he injured himself during the training? They were really driven to get this medal after the mistake in the short.

Maybe that's why TAT was so angry. All they had to do was conserve their energies, stay clean, stay vertical, even a little cautious and the judges would have gone with them. There was no need to jump out of their skin. Because while Z/G have a good SD their FD is a dud. It's their mental game that made her so upset.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Maybe that's why TAT was so angry. All they had to do was conserve their energies, stay clean, stay vertical, even a little cautious and the judges would have gone with them. There was no need to jump out of their skin. Because while Z/G have a good SD their FD is a dud. It's their mental game that made her so upset.

This is true. But I don't think it was just a mental thing, his leg was apparently aching. They seemed to be really motivated after SD. On the other hand, TAT is basically right - Nikita's needs a really truly good mental otherwise they will never achieve anything.

Kind of emotional rollercoaster for Zhulin tonight, no?

bramweld

Record Breaker
This is true. But I don't think it was just a mental thing, his leg was apparently aching. They seemed to be really motivated after SD. On the other hand, TAT is basically right - Nikita's needs a really truly good mental otherwise they will never achieve anything.

Kind of emotional rollercoaster for Zhulin tonight, no?

Yup. Rollercoaster indeedy.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I actually dreamed about the whole event last night!!! Dima & Katia were well and truly epic! I feel bad for Nikita, they were just getting it together again. Whatever it is, speedy recovery! And Zhulin!!! Priceless!!!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I read that Katsalopov has broken his ankle :shocked:
I feel very sorry for them...

How and when ... during their Free Dance yesterday? I find it hard to believe. Something went wrong with the lift (was it this moment?!) but everything before was pretty good. If anything it was his knee not ankle. Or did he really start as injured beforehand?

Duality

On the Ice
His ankle isn't broken.
The doctor informed Gorskov that the ankle isn't broken and that he recommended Nikita to rest.

Mattieu

Medalist
They wont go to Euros! The first 3 dance couples will go!

Only first and second are guaranteed, the 3rd spot is decided by the Russian Federation.
Though the Russian Fed usually goes with the 3rd place finisher at Nationals, they have the right to change this in exceptional circumstances.
This is exceptional circumstance, as S/K medalled in GPs and have had much better results than Z/G and are a much higher level skating

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I just had a pic with BS!:yahoo:
Katia is so tiny & pretty!:love:

uhh

Medalist
It's not like S/K were sitting in third before the injury & missed out because of that, they were behind after the SD. And it's not the first time they've made major mistakes - last year only 89 in the FD at Euros for example. They have higher overall scoring potential than Z/G, but also much higher chance of making major major mistakes. I don't see any real compelling argument to send them instead of Z/G, especially considering that he will have to miss training to recover and Euros is earlier this year because of the Olympics. If Z/G bomb Euros, maybe S/K would have a case for worlds, assuming B/S don't go.