2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I agree that sending SK would make sense.
It is the 3rd team, so they can afford to gamble on Nikita.
Though if he is sent it is sending a very bad message, that he can do what he likes and still be rewarded with being major championships.
(I am in the camp that he was fine before the failed lift, but calculated that the loss of points on the lift would take him out of medal contention, so he just gave up)

It would also be very unfair on Z/G, they won the 3rd spot fair and square.
That must have been quite unsettling to have to skate directly after the Nikita drama, especially as they were called onto the ice quite a few minutes earlier than they would have expected.

This is the 4th season for S/K, yet the results are worse than 2015, when they had a silver and a bronze in the GPs and a 4th place in Euros.
If they are sent to Euros, there is no way they will be as high as 4th.

Actually, their scores are higher than in 2015. And given how dramatic was their last season, they have been doing astonishingly well... Till now. Even in this awful competition in Minsk their score was a bit lower than the one for their very good sp at 2017 Euros. With level 1 rhumba - still 4 points higher.
Well, it happens that a skater starts the program convinced that they able to finish it, but then it turns out that's impossible. Ask Tessa Virtue.

Giselle

Medalist
So Z/G have been named to the European team!

Alternates are : Betina Popova/Sergueï Mozgov, Sofya Evdokimova/Egor Bazin.

bramweld

Record Breaker
S/K should really welcome the time off. First Katsalapov needs to heal and second, they both need to work on their technique, especially with respect to lifts. I find their FD was going quite well then the lift went completely off axis. They are limited in the types of lifts he can do so they keep on overworking his leg.

But in all honesty the only thing I want to know is who will EI skate with next season. Tells you how enthralling I found this competition. Also, somebody had better whisper to Bukin that with his partner getting noticeably bigger, maybe a combination of muscles and her natural womanly curves, he needs to bulk up. In the gala today he looked almost puny beside her.

On a random note if they do recover early, couldn't S/K be sent to WTT? Are they are having that in 2018?

danceme

Rinkside
Country
Commonwealth
Yes, the edging is a wow in the rhumba. They have a lovely curve entrance into it as well, and it's one of the better patterns I've seen. And her opening say 10 steps or so are just spot on for setting the mood.

The twizzles themselves need work. They're sloppy. And they really need to stop doing the proverbial "last season's hot program" thang. It's not only that it's boring, but it also means they are making it a zillion times harder to develop any kind of individual style if they and their coaches are always chasing someone else's previous success.

But yes, wowser on that rhumba edge. Unreal.

infact they have one of the best SD of the season in my opinion !!

and check out the ice coverage !!!