2018 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Free Dance

firal

Record Breaker
No disastrous twizzles in this competition from any team! (Unless I zoned out) That's quite an improvement.

Congrats Podium! Free dance is always fun to watch but hard to understand how it's scored.

GGFan

Record Breaker
They won the free with that??? I guess they got all of their levels. Judges, if you want to push a Russian team please let it be S/B. :pray:

rain

Record Breaker
I must disagree with the FD placements. I thought Piper/Paul were best of the night, followed by Hubbell/Donohue, then Sin/Kats. Sin/Kats were great, and all three basically tied in the score, but I thought the end of their program was really ragged and that wasn't acknowledged. So, are Sin/Kats being set up to challenge the French this year?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Uh Oh, FIRST.

I think that both them and Stepanova/Bukin are first in line after others' mistakes...

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hot DAMN. I'm quietly pleased, but the people who actually know and follow ice dance a lot will be gnashing teeth I guess.
But yeah, they're not about to let that no. 1 Russian spot get away easily!

I'll just be happy by myself I guess...

Ziotic

Medalist
I must disagree with the FD placements. I thought Piper/Paul were best of the night, followed by Hubbell/Donohue, then Sin/Kats. Sin/Kats were great, and all three basically tied in the score, but I thought the end of their program was really ragged and that wasn't acknowledged. So, are Sin/Kats being set up to challenge the French this year?

I think G/P would have won the free if they hadn’t been in the first flight, they were really all close.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Krylova and Nikita together.. is there an ice surface big enough for them both?

Well it would rid us of the need for stream links. The whole world would be able to see the performance as if they were at the rink :dev2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think we are going to have 2 Russian couples in the GPF.

I think the judges are telling H/D that Romeo and Juliet isn't an easy fit for them.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I think we are going to have 2 Russian couples in the GPF.

I think the judges are telling H/D that Romeo and Juliet isn't an easy fit for them.

Well, if that's how the judges are telling H/D to get rid of kissing you...I'm not against it.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Now that it has finished, I am still under the spell of Vincent Starry, Stary night. That was magical, and TSN is showing again....

rain

Record Breaker
I think G/P would have won the free if they hadn’t been in the first flight, they were really all close.

I'm sure they're disappointed with screwing up the rhythm dance and what it meant for the competition overall, but they have to be thrilled to get a FD score equal to the world silver medallists.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Now that it has finished, I am still under the spell of Vincent Starry, Stary night. That was magical, and TSN is showing again....

It is spellbinding and has unique charm to it, exceeding expectations:)