2018 Team Japan 4CC Olympics JWC World | Golden Skate

2018 Team Japan 4CC Olympics JWC World

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope some kind person will post the Japanese team selections for Olympics, Worlds, Junior Worlds and 4CC ! after they are announced! I do so want to know whether my faves achieved some of their dreams.

:bow: :pray:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I hope some kind person will post the Japanese team selections for Olympics, Worlds, Junior Worlds and 4CC ! after they are announced! I do so want to know whether my faves achieved some of their dreams.

:bow: :pray:

speaking of favourites, who do you want to see doris? :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I want to see whether Francis & Sumire get to go to Worlds, given that they did not go to Nationals. I am pretty sure Chris & Kana will be at Worlds and Olympics, but I want to know!

I want to know which of the youngsters are going to be at Junior Worlds. I followed the whole JGP, after all.

And I want to see what assignments Kaori and Rika Kihara get, if any...and I have a soft spot for Hongo..& .she skated so well in the SP.

Among the men, there is no way Shoma & Yuzu are not on the Olympic team...but who gets that third spot???
I like Takahito Mura and Daisuke Murakami, and hope they skate well.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Plus she had an amazing performance to finish 3rd here with the highest technical score here by far.

What criteria are used by the Japanese federation to choose team spots?

Will the team be announced after the men's competition?

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I'm going to miss the Representative Presentation. :(
I support all the Japanese skaters and will be happy with whoever JSF assigns to the upcoming events.
My only wishes are for Yuzuru at the Olympics and Kazuki to be sent to 4CC.
That and sending Sena with Mitsuki to JWC would be hilarious (especially if they skated their FS back to back again :laugh:)

pearly

Record Breaker
Would someone please remind us of the Ladies quota Japan has for 4CC and Worlds?

Alifyre

On the Ice
And I want to see what assignments Kaori and Rika Kihara get, if any...and I have a soft spot for Hongo..& .she skated so well in the SP.

So glad to see suport for Hongo, I'm really rooting for her to get a 4CC berth because she's just such a passionate performer and I would hate to see her season end here. She was so convincing in the short and she really held onto her performance in the free even when things weren't going her way. She was my first Japanese favorite, and I will always wish her the best.

pearly

Record Breaker
I'll do a quick prediction for ladies (and mind you I do not have a horse in this race):

Olympics:
1. Satoko
2. Kaori

4CC:
1. Satoko
2. Mai
3. Kaori

WC:
1. Wakaba
2. Marin

JWC:
Rika is a given and I don't follow Jr much so I am not sure.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I'll do a quick prediction for ladies (and mind you I do not have a horse in this race):

Olympics:
1. Satoko
2. Kaori

4CC:
1. Satoko
2. Mai
3. Kaori

WC:
1. Wakaba
2. Marin

JWC:

I will do mine too quickly:

Olympics
1.Satoko
2.Wakaba

4cc
1. Kaori
2.Mai
3. Marin

WC
1.Satoko
2.Wakaba
3.Kaori

JWC
Rika
Mako
Yuhana

Caustica

Final Flight

Olympics:
1. Satoko
2. Kaori

4CC:
1. Satoko
2. Mai
3. Kaori

WC:
1. Wakaba
2. Marin

JWC:

I think Olys and Worlds spots will be given to the same people... And it will be up to them to give the spots up if they don't want to go.

I can't imagine someone wanting to go to both 4CC and Olys... Especially since there is the team event in Olys.

I predict for ladies:

4CC: Wakaba, Mai, Rika
Olys & Worlds: Satoko, Kaori
JWC: Rika, Mako, Yuhana or Nana... I have no idea.

pearly

Record Breaker
In Europe they seem to give spots for Euros and the Olympics to same people so I was going by that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Do they really need to announce the Worlds team this early? It's so far away...seems risky to me