2018 Worlds Men’s LP Watch Party—Saturday, April 4, 6 AM EDT | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Men’s LP Watch Party—Saturday, April 4, 6 AM EDT

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I always wondered if Max would have done better if he had stuck to being a pure power skater rather than trying to be more lyrical, if he would have done better. Then again, a big reason why I admired him was because he kept trying to improve that artistry, even though it wasn't as natural for him as pure power.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
as you can probably all predict i am crying again

this was such a max program, too

the little mistakes at the start and then powered home like a runaway freight train with two of his best triple Axels and lutzes and I MISS YOU MAX, I MISS YOU SO MUCH :cry: :cry:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I always wondered if Max would have done better if he had stuck to being a pure power skater rather than trying to be more lyrical, if he would have done better. Then again, a big reason why I admired him was because he kept trying to improve that artistry, even though it wasn't as natural for him as pure power.

except USFS made it very clear from the start that they hated the power skater and only wanted pretty lyrical skaters. he worked so hard, and they never wanted him, except when he could be useful to them. :cry: :cry:

Seven Sisters

Medalist

I know he is a lovely person and all, but let me admit that whenever I hear the opening strains of those same POTO cuts that have been used a million times, I just—check out, and move on mentally to the next skater. More inspired music choices might have helped.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate how skaters are not allowed to be who they are naturally. If you are artistic great, if you are powerful great, if you are a little of both great. What makes figure skating so unique is that there are different styles. But in all disciplines they are trying to make everyone the same.
Stop pushing a square peg in a round hole!!!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Aliev is a texbook example of how soft arms can make a world of difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I know he is a lovely person and all, but let me admit that whenever I hear the opening strains of those same POTO cuts that have been used a million times, I just—check out, and move on mentally to the next skater. More inspired music choices might have helped.

Yes well, so many American male skaters seems drawn to shlock music. Maybe it's something in the water.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is one of my all time favorite programs. His skate to this at Europeans, I've rewatched hundreds of times.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Opens stream, gorgeous cactus lands a huge 3A

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
a surprisingly cleanish fs from uncle Michal in one of his worst outfits ever :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Am reminded that the fashion feud between me and the popstar has been continuing for some time now

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If I didn´t know this was 2018, I would have guessed this outfit came from the 90s and that he played in a boyband :laugh:

Man we had all that interesting alternative music at the beginning of the decade only to end it with boyband schlock.

No wonder the world keeps going downhill.