2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's got him stuck on the way to MoS? :confused:

By competition results, he is now eligible for Master of Sport, International Class, with 2nd place at Euros. Is it possible to award him both MoS and MoSIC at the same time? Or does it have to be done one step at a time?

Maybe they haven't submitted the paperwork. Maybe it's slow to move the paperwork.

Roster is out for JrNats
https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1920/junnat1920_competitors.pdf

Junior National Qualifiers

Rukhin
Kutovoi
Lutfullin
Vetlugin
Samsonov
Mozalev
Gumennik
Yablokov
Kunitsa (NM)
Semenenko (NM)
Kovalev
Dikidzhi (NM)
Sarnovsky (NM, AI)
Knyazev (NM, AI)
E. Petrov (NM)
Golubev
Polianskii
Solovyov (NM)

NM=no minimums for JW
AI=age ineligible for JW (13 on/after July 1st, 2006)

klena

On the Ice
I hope to see Rukhin have a redemption skate!

I hope too, Egor was very good at his 1st stage of CoR (winner, with two clean quads if I remember correctly) and WD from his 2nd stage due to health issues. Good luck to him!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I hope too, Egor was very good at his 1st stage of CoR (winner, with two clean quads if I remember correctly) and WD from his 2nd stage due to health issues. Good luck to him!

Yes, he had a score like 177 or so in the FP.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
With so many girls in ice dance, wether by choice or by necessity, there should be enough boys too, obviously.

It seems like a more fun and social discipline to me, but in Russia ii is still very competitive and held in high esteem.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope to see Rukhin have a redemption skate!

Not tomorrow. He has disappeared and is not in the starting lineup. Replace by Timakin (local skater). Removed possibly due to health considering his history.

Cup Final is in 2 weeks. Let see if he shows up there.

ETA: Illness I read.
Initially, Timakin’s participation in the competitions was not planned, but one of the loners fell ill, so the ward of the SSOR RM was included in the application.
https://stolica-s.su/sport/246133

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aww, so sad about Mozalev.

So many lovely skates though, with Gumennik having an excellent short this time—maybe I didn’t miss the best of him yet? I had never seen Kunitsa before, but I really liked his Matrix program. Yablokov also was quite cool. Also, I cannot believe it, but Team Eteri had managed to locate someone even smaller than Samsonov in Knyazev.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Aww, so sad about Mozalev.

So many lovely skates though, with Gumennik having an excellent short this time—maybe I didn’t miss the best of him yet? I had never seen Kunitsa before, but I really liked his Matrix program. Yablokov also was quite cool. Also, I cannot believe it, but Team Eteri had managed to locate someone even smaller than Samsonov in Knyazev.

Knyazev is very young yet :) But also very promising. Looked like a rocker today, he really enjoyed it. Daniil had that step-out that prevented him from winning the segment, still great after several not so satisfying performances.

Kunitsa did well, he's improved so much since the test skates. For Eteri's team good substitude for ill Egor, who I'm missing still, he was so great in his Russian Cup performance.

And Gumennik did the best I've seen from him so far.

All in all, this young generation of the russian men seems very promising so far, they truly can bring Russia's men skating back to the top.

Zamin

Rinkside
Gummenik was outstanding today. I loved how big and powerful he skated.

I was rooting for Mozalev, because I have the feeling he's a bit of an underdog among the russian junior men, while being the most consistent of them this season. (two golds on the JGP circuit, silver at the JGPF and at YOG). But he did a lot of competitions. No wonder he was exhausted today.

Personal highlight to me was Andrei Kutovoi. Kid is a natural performer.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken there was only 1 or 2 falls for the entire competition. Overall, very nice to see. I'm so glad that the old Georgy I used to know seems to be coming back...was surprised to see him do so well. He isn't planning any quads for his FS so I expect it will be between Daniil and Petr.

I wish someone would step in and rescue Mishin's men from such stale and tacky programs...they all look the same to me now.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Gummenik was outstanding today. I loved how big and powerful he skated.

I was rooting for Mozalev, because I have the feeling he's a bit of an underdog among the russian junior men, while being the most consistent of them this season. (two golds on the JGP circuit, silver at the JGPF and at YOG). But he did a lot of competitions. No wonder he was exhausted today.

Personal highlight to me was Andrei Kutovoi. Kid is a natural performer.

Oh, how I forgot to mention Kutovoy—I expected him to show 3A by some reason in the championship, but I suppose it is not stable for him yet, and it feels like he/coach wants everything to be as perfect as could be. He was as impressive as he was in the JGP

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Pretty good event here.

Gumennik deservedly in first place, i've been a fan of his skating all season: he's a complete all around skater with good posture, good skating skills and transitions, he listens to the music, solid jumper and great spinner as well.

Judges probably wanted to give Samsonov the first place, unfortunately the 3a is becoming his nemesis this season, but pretty good the rest.

Artistically my favourites were Vetlugin and Kutovoi: loved the skating skills from both, Vetlugin has ice dance level of flow, unfortunately he's a bit inconsistent with the jump. While Kutovoi did well considering he only had 2a.

Mikhail Polianskii's program also was nice, despite the mistakes on the 3a and the final spin.

Mozalev has been super consistent all season, he had his worst skate here unfortunately.

If I'm not mistaken there was only 1 or 2 falls for the entire competition. Overall, very nice to see. I'm so glad that the old Georgy I used to know seems to be coming back...was surprised to see him do so well. He isn't planning any quads for his FS so I expect it will be between Daniil and Petr.

I wish someone would step in and rescue Mishin's men from such stale and tacky programs...they all look the same to me now.

I appreciate the attempt on bringing something more fun, over the top perhaps (with those costumes), after watching 10 programs in a row with sad piano music, it's refreshing and different.

You can clearly see they all need to train their spins more: extension in the camel spin not ideal, those sit positions sometimes not as low as they should be.

But Evgeny Semenenko was very good here in the SP, let's hope he can keep that confidence in the free cause he has beautiful quads toe and sal.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I really like the men's in general... they were great :yahoo:... and in a long time most of the men had better scores than ladies ... :agree:

Pantsu

On the Ice
Not a fan of Men skating in general but this competition was actually quite fun to watch

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I couldn’t go to work without watching Mozalev skate free, and I was glad I did. No matter the eventual outcome, I appreciate this free so much.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well congrats to Mozalev, he pulled a Danielian from 13th place and is going to JrW! No matter what Kunitsa does.