2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance

GGFan

Record Breaker
Woke back up in time to see P/C. All I can say is pure class!!! :bow:Everything is so polished. It feels like a different level of skating. :hap93:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, I was predicting Guignard/Fabbri for bronze here, I just had the wrong Russian team in second.

LaArdilla

Medalist
That was gorgeous and extra smooth and buttery after the Poles. But Gabi please, change those earrings, they are making me stressed.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Team Poland did their homework on tech, but still lack the quality other teams have.

Gabby looks fab today :love: Easily into 1st position :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was predicting Guignard/Fabbri for bronze here, I just had the wrong Russian team in second.

Excatly!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Definitely issues with timing and speed on the 1st part of the pattern, like in Grenoble. But since levels are apparently not important it's okay I guess...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
France
Music: Tango: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer; "Primavera Porteno" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Christopher Dean, Stephane Lambiel
Costumes: One armed green tango dress for her, basic black for him with his usual PUHLUNGING neckline. But the matching pocket square in a nice touch!

Required Elements:

Well first off, that's quite the list of choreographers.

Some basic tango steps, moody sensuality school, to start and into a hop entry for the
Twizzles - done with connecting steps. Lovely and musical. Level 4 for both, 3.32 goe
Curve Lift - in the usual squat position for him, but at least it's a new position for her. Level 4, 1.52 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 2 NTYY, 2.61 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 4, YYYY, 2.94 goe
Tempo change and into the
ML St Seq - Level 3, 4.19 goe. Sorry but that's just silly. I love P/C, but COME ON.

Well it's a moody and lovely tango. But what people tend to forget is that the SD/RD has never been their strength. So I'm not surprised by that first TR pattern score.

And it's Gabby's dance. She's come into her own.

Score: 84.79 and ho hum another WR.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't think K/S can make up 9 points on Charlene and Marco in the FD. I do expect them to pull up to 4th though.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I liked it, but ever since seeing that epic Charleston Tango from a Russian Junior pair everything pales in comparison :laugh:

However very exciting for Charlene and Marco being in 3rd, go guys!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Smooth as silk. But that first TR pattern is their bete noir this season!

I have a theory that the teams with the most and least speed have the most trouble with that first TR pattern; the ones in the middle are most likely to get it. Too little speed and your timing's way off in one direction, too much it goes out in the other. Finding the balance of speed and precision must be incredibly hard for the teams that move like rockets.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So I wasn't the only one worried about her earlobes! Those earrings look very, very heavy...

Basically the top 3 is what people expected before GPs and S/K started getting better scores than S/B, isn't it?