2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Really fun to watch this with you guys! I learned a lot and also enjoyed. I thought G/F were overscored for a messy performance. And T/V, E/B and G/T really got the short end of the stick. T/V especially was too underrated!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
To anyone but Team Poland! :laugh:

True dat since where they can ONLY take advantage in that department over these not caring ;), but it is rather sad realization that GOE is now a determinant of 'the best' team out there

LaArdilla

Medalist
Definitely issues with timing and speed on the 1st part of the pattern, like in Grenoble. But since levels are apparently not important it's okay I guess...

Levels 2 and 4 are actually great for a Gadbois team this season! I don’t get it why everyone has such problems with TR. Maybe they should change that Gigi woman who is their ballroom coach. The only Montreal team that has got 2 TR4 so far are Canadanes, and that was at the Nats!

leilaraj

On the Ice
What are they saying?

Just snarky comments all the time like ‚‘ oh they did fine here but lol they got kpNNNN‘ and laughing and they totally discredited P/C, saying they are slow in everything and that‘s why they always choose slow music, they can‘t skate fastly.. S/B are technically stronger blababla like wow chill

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They are really effective, but with kpTNNY 2,41 plus on GOE? Really? So now 'fabulousness in mediocrity' is a thing?

LOL

Make that

:rofl:

because it is so SPOT ON to describe the new scoring system.

And we haven't even gotten to the FD yet and the ridiculously overinflated choreographic elements.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have no problem with S/K being ahead of S/D. Except for the twizzles they are a better team. Faster and more enjoyable to watch.

I'm really happy for Fear and Gibson! My British half is so happy that they are having such a great season. Can't wait to sing some Donna Summer tomorrow.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I kinda find it weird to see P/C called GG because isn't Gordeeva/Grinkov GG

I'm still in a despondent mood sadly, but you guys are awesome and I'm glad that I can talk with you while watching. Going off to see how the Finnish team did and maybe get myself a beer

leilaraj

On the Ice
Why? They lost many levels. S/K won with them, because they were better in everything but twizzles.

S/D twizzles weren‘t perfect that‘s for sure but other than that they were solid and S/K with the fall they lost focus quite a bit

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So I don't know a thing about levels, but P/C were dinged a bit: Level 2 on the steps and level 3 on twizzles for him (?)
Can someone with knowledge explain why?

Also, something is wrong with the scoring if Nikita can get level 3 on twizzles with such a fall

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
LOL

Make that

:rofl:

because it is so SPOT ON to describe the new scoring system.

And we haven't even gotten to the FD yet and the ridiculously overinflated choreographic elements.

My pleasure. I really can't grasp this concept of awarding mediocre/weak technically element with huge quality score - it is a hybrid that makes more of judges and less of the team scored. But yeah, that's the game rules now and some teams already caught up listening to them. So, 'fabulousness in mediocrity' for president ;)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I find it really interesting how close S/B are to P/C in PCS. They beat them pretty strongly in TES but PCS is very close. I hope the tide isn't turning against them. ID tides can be very strong sweeping one team along and leaving the other behind.

OTOH ID needs a rivalry and the way things were going we could have all just predicted 4 straight WC for P/C and then Olympic gold and that wouldn't be very exciting for the casual viewer. Having a top Russian team and a top North American team that can challenge P/C will build drama and increase interest.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don’t get it why everyone has such problems with TR.

One of the reasons so many are having trouble with it, from what I've heard discussed on a couple of podcasts, is that the key points were superimposed over the top of a pattern that wasn't created with them in mind, and they're not very organic to the structure of the patterns. It's doable, but it's very hard and sometimes more like a matter of luck in terms of timing! And as I recall, the last time it was skated the key points system wasn't in place yet, so the fact that a lot of teams didn't get all those points in the pattern didn't stand out...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So I don't know a thing about levels, but P/C were dinged a bit: Level 2 on the steps and level 3 on twizzles for him (?)
Can someone with knowledge explain why?

Also, something is wrong with the scoring if Nikita can get level 3 on twizzles with such a fall

Before the rule change they would have wiped out the element and they'd be down in the 60s. They changed this so that both partners are scored separately. I really wish they'd do this for pairs sbs jumps.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Europeans Predictions Game - Ice Dance small medals

Curious about your predictions results after the RD? There are 87 participants in the game and the podium is as follows (there are 2 gold, 15 silver and 21 bronze medals):

45 points

Baron Vladimir
DenissVFan
elektra blue
GarthAqua
Jeanie19
LadyB
lutz
Mohacz
NoNameFace
NYscorp6
ragdoll
Roo87
Sabrina
Sherlock Marple
Spirals for Miles
55 points

GoneWithTheWind
Phireye

40 points

Azcha
cake
CaroLiza_fan
casualfan
CherylDee
Fluture
gonewiththewind25
Hyena
Koatterce
LaArdilla
Miriam090
moonstruck
Moxiejan
Nathan13
noraaa
Ruby999
semosk8tfan
Step Sequence4
tabsy
vesperalvioletta
voolfee

Congratulations and let's see who is able to maintain the podium after the FD :)

Last edited:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
My pleasure. I really can't grasp this concept of awarding mediocre/weak technically element with huge quality score - it is a hybrid that makes more of judges and less of the team scored. But yeah, that's the game rules now and some teams already caught up listening to them. So, 'fabulousness in mediocrity' for president ;)

Ok, you didn't see quite well. P/C, S/B and G/F all had the same keypoints in tango patterns. First pattern was NTYY and second was YYYY for all of them. P/C beat both in GOE and PCS, and S/B beat G/F only in PCS. I thought the scores were extremely fair to all the teams who were skating in that last group.

LaArdilla

Medalist
So, the biggest shock for me was S/K, of course, and the Poles skating clean! The biggest source of joy definitely F/G getting their SB and P/C gorgeous twizzles and a lovely dress for her!