2019 Junior Worlds Rhythm Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
L/L brought the house down, S/E and K/N had solid skates, and my faves N/K sit in 5th (I kinda do hope they can get on podium somehow...). Enjoyable performances, not so enjoyable performances, but overall a good competition. And now I'll be off watching how the Universiad men did (and ready to shake my head again at Andrei)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Glad to see L/L finally rewarded properly and U/N scored properly for that RD.

According to you, the Only time when on any competition is somebody "rewarded properly" is when canadian skater is above russian. Not sometimes, but everytime, like 90 % of your comments are made this way and it is really annoying. This time the points are right, just like they were all the time before.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
According to you, the Only time when on any competition is somebody "rewarded properly" is when canadian skater is above russian. Not sometimes, but everytime, like 90 % of your comments are made this way and it is really annoying. This time the points are right, just like they were all the time before.

Nope you're wrong, go to Shevchenko/Eremenko's fanfest and check out my comments. I'm just not a fan of U/N's unrefined, fanatic, OTT skating. I wish S/E and L/L are in the top 2 because imo, they're the best of the current junior dance teams.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Argh!!!! Sofia and Igor's SP has caught me out AGAIN!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Every time I hear those first few bars of music, I get all excited thinking "Finally! Somebody is skating to 'Heaven on Their Minds' from 'Jesus Christ, Superstar'!!!" :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

And then I get all disappointed when I realise that it's not :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Every time I hear those first few bars of music, I get all excited thinking "Finally! Somebody is skating to 'Heaven on Their Minds' from 'Jesus Christ, Superstar'!!!" :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan
Next year the RD is musicals, so you may yet get your wish.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the last group: who let a bunch of seniors into Junior Worlds? :love:

Well to be honest among the top teams are the oldest Junior teams like L/L and S/E so it should be no surprise they are further along then say the two American teams. Someone like Eremenko who is 21 is still skating in Juniors though he really should be competing against Seniors.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well to be honest among the top teams are the oldest Junior teams like L/L and S/E so it should be no surprise they are further along then say the two American teams. Someone like Eremenko who is 21 is still skating in Juniors though he really should be competing against Seniors.

lajoie and lagha are just 18 and 19... they seem older because it's their third time at JWC but they started really young there...

StephenGfan

Final Flight

:rolleye:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

CaroLiza_fan

Are you reading my mind? This is spooky because Heaven on their Minds is one of my dream pieces for someone to skate to. Carl Anderson’s voice is magnificent.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
U/N: I don't get the points!

ugh.....patterns ring a bell? not calling them sour grapes or shading them,but come on now. The teams ahead of them currently all had solid skates when they did not.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Pattern levels:

L/L - 4/2
K/N - 4/2
S/E - 4/1
U/N - 2/B
N/K - 3/2
K/R - 1/1
D/M - 4/2
G/G - 2/B (< interruption of less than 4 beats)
G/S - 2/1
L/G - 3/2
P/B - 1/B
R/D - 3/B
F/A - 4/B

Total of five 4s, all on the first half. I don't think anyone got better than 2 on the 2nd half, but I might have missed one. Lajoie/Lagha, Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov and Demougeot/Le Mercier had the best pattern levels.

For the step sequences, a few teams got level 3 (no one got 4): Lajoie/Lagha, the Greens, Gropman/Somerville. Lajoie/Lagha had by far the best GOE on that element, with 3.32. K/N were next with 2.63.

The top 3 teams had everything in GOE +2-4, with only a few 1s on the pattern. I saw one 5 for U/N's twizzles, and no others. N/K were the first team to have any 0s in GOE.