2019 Junior Worlds Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Rhythm Dance

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
N/K: I don't get the points!

ugh.....patterns ring a bell? not calling them sour grapes or shading them,but come on now. The teams ahead of them currently all had solid skates when they did not.

From what i saw Nazarov has the best SS, carriage and body movements in this entire field. He just needs to work on his upper body strength to make lifts more efforthless and he will be the top male dancer, i'm sure of that ;)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
From what i saw Nazarov has the best SS, carriage and body movements in this entire field. He just needs to work on his upper body strength to make lifts more efforthless and he will be the top male dancer, i'm sure of that ;)

I think SGfan was referring to Nguyen / Kolesnik not Khudaiberdieva / Nazarov.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just for fun, if the teams all got their SB free dance score, this is how the rankings would end up:

1. L/L - 171.09
2. S/E - 170.49
3. U/N - 169.59
4. K/N - 166.94
5. N/K - 165.40
6. K/R - 159.31

I stopped there because a G/G and L/G don't have official SB scores.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think SGfan was referring to Nguyen / Kolesnik not Khudaiberdieva / Nazarov.

Oh, ok. I think N/K were good too. Their skating maybe look 'smaller' on the ice comparing to top 4 here, but they will gain more power with more age/growing up/maturing. I also think Ushakova/Nekrasov were the fastest team on ice, which helps their skating/patterns look more powerfull/'bigger' live.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I've only just had a chance to watch this but so thrilled for L/L!!! To me, theirs looked the most polished and senior? But yes, I'd be very happy if these three teams were on the podium after the FD. Saying that, I'd have U/N behind N/K because I found their RD incredibly messy and frantic - N/K looked more poised and I think (for me) they deserve that 4th spot - even it was by a small fraction. Bring on the free!!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
yep... I fell asleep. Watched Avonley & Vadym and very pleased they're in the final group. I know it might be a bit much to ask for them to podium considering their competition, but their FS is a total moneymaker and I hope they can pull out ALL the stops for a podium finish. Ok, gonna watch the final group now...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Not 0.00 GOE, but 0 points, total. Like the element didn't count at all.

edit: must have counted in the end, as their tech score shot up.

This has been happening on and off all season long. My best guess is either a tech glitch, or a slow input from one or more judges for the GOE score. And there is probably a time limit given before the little board moves on to posting the next scoring element. With the PBP, if I say, Level X, no goe given, that is what happened--the goe was never posted. But it will show up in the official scoring.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That's awesome! Cause 3 Latin dances rhythms in the past 5 seasons gets a bit...idk I can't wait for more variety!

Lord yes. I want a waltz. I want a golden waltz. Or a Yankee Polka, which is just as difficult as Tango Romantica. Or a bloody howdown. I'm sick of Latin RDs.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are you reading my mind? This is spooky because Heaven on their Minds is one of my dream pieces for someone to skate to. Carl Anderson’s voice is magnificent.

DSQ, you know how close the ties are between Northern Ireland and Scotland. We have basically the same culture. So, I am not one bit surprised that we are thinking the same way! :)

Carl Anderson does have a great voice. Such a shame that he died relatively young. But, at least he will be forever remembered for this part, and in particular this song.

But if I am totally honest, I still think that Murray Head's version on the original soundtrack is the definitive recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R8tRKIiAII

Given how good his version is, it's a real pity that Head never actually played the part - he only ever recorded the song for the original album. And that is why I chose the video I did. Because Carl Anderson knew the character inside out due to playing him on stage and on film. For Anderson, it is not just about singing a song; it is about being Judas Iscariot. So, you get a better representation of what the song actually means: of how Judas was being torn.

Wow! Never thought I would turn into a music critic! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan