2019 World Team Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy Ladies Free Skate

lady_bee

Medalist
Disco? No problem. Hard rock? No problem. Orchestral classical music? Easy peasy. New age piano noodling? Doesn't matter.

Japanese audiences ALWAYS CLAP ON THE BEAT.

:bow:

Am I Japanese? Maybe not:unsure:

I am so happy for Liza:yahoo: and still blaming myself for not booking flights to Fukuoka even without any tickets, which were on sale at last. Stupid me:dev2:

Congrats to USA, Japan and Russia!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
No, that’s Roman. Greeks used olives.

actually thet depended on the event, laurel for pythian (dedicated to apollon), oak leaves for olympics (dedicated to zeus) i'm not remembering the isthmian :biggrin: and nemeans

--------

i checked: parsley for nemeans and pine needle (how did they do it?:roll9:) for isthmian

auser

Record Breaker
thank you! it's the live chat i'll miss the most :( the season is over this was my last live chat and i'm so sad :cry:
I know how you feel! My internet connection died just before GPF Russia and was not fixed until hours before the start of WTT RD a few days ago. I was so elated to have it fixed and be able to participate in live chat for WTT. I was able to watch some of the comps on TV and attended 4CC RD in Anaheim, CA. But I still kind of feel like I missed a lot of this figure skating season because I could not watch/chat live. Enjoyed sharing WTT with you lately :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just catching up. Congratulations to Liza! (She should have been on the World team). And congrats to Team USA.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Wow um, scoring was... generous. But despite a competition where people just hand out SB and WR as long as your clean, Alina’s WR still stands (thankfully). I’m so sad for Rika, such a good season until the end. :sad21:

But Liza? Wow, just truly an empress. No more words can be said honestly.

Kaori was beautiful, obviously, and I feel like her GOEs are a bit low?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Can someone clarify my curiosity? Sorry I missed some info but... what in the world Rika Kihira was wearing around her ankles? Duct tape??? It surely doesn't seem like a part of the costume... ? :roll9::think:

journalist101

On the Ice
Can someone clarify my curiosity? Sorry I missed some info but... what in the world Rika Kihira was wearing around her ankles? Duct tape??? It surely doesn't seem like a part of the costume... ? :roll9::think:

I think her boots were falling apart. She’s been having boot problems for a while, I think since 4CC.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I think her boots were falling apart. She’s been having boot problems for a while, I think since 4CC.

:eek: OMG!! If that's the case no wonder she didn't skate to her best today. I wonder why they didn't send someone else, it's not like they don't have any worthy substitutes! :confused:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So much sass. And somehow at the end of all of this she doesn't even look tired (how is this human??) :drama:

I have a feeling she trained very very hard to prove everybody that not sending her to Worlds was a mistake. We should not forget she is a World champion after all :) you don't get to be a world champion without the killer instinct.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oof, just saw the scores. Well, it's a pity Rika couldn't get a new WR but if her boots are bad as everyone says, then it's probably better she didn't go kaplutz the ENTIRE program. Plus, she nailed her SP yesterday so god knows the magic was already partially used up :p At least Team Japan still gets silver!!

frida80

Record Breaker
actually thet depended on the event, laurel for pythian (dedicated to apollon), oak leaves for olympics (dedicated to zeus) i'm not remembering the isthmian :biggrin: and nemeans

--------

i checked: parsley for nemeans and pine needle (how did they do it?:roll9:) for isthmian

Oohh! Really interesting. Parsley, though? Perhaps it was a lot hardier than modern parsley.