2019 World Team Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy

P44

On the Ice
Go Team Japan! Great experience for M/I before entering seniors :)

Romain Ponsart?
Is he injured?

I don't really know. He withdrew for french nationals some months ago and was not selected for europeans (while Adam was).
I feel like Adam is becoming the 2nd french skater and I think the federation relies heavily on him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't really know. He withdrew for french nationals some months ago and was not selected for europeans (while Adam was).
I feel like Adam is becoming the 2nd french skater and I think the federation relies heavily on him.

He was injured. He had a back issue, which is why he WD. I wouldn't assume that Adam is necessarily ahead of him when healthy - Romain still has the higher SB score.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I think so. Who else could it be?
And I guess he has no reason to refuse.

I don't know if there is right now an official list for France but Gabriella Papadakis said she would go and Morgan and Vanessa too I believe. She said that this year there was a good team for France.
So I guess there will be Laurine Lecavelier and Mae Berenice Meite for ladies and Kevin Aymoz and Adam Siao Him Fa for men.
(It's not like there's a big choice anyway :laugh:)

as many others have said, i was thinking of ponsart, if i well recall his programs were nice. who knows if he had recovered from his injury

Team Russia
Samodurova, Tuktamysheva
Samarin, Kolyada
Sinitsina/Katsalapov
Zabiyako/Enbert
https://tass.ru/sport/6260785

i'm happy to see liza again, hopefully after many disappointments she can end the season on a high note and a lot of fun.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not yet, though Nathan said he wanted to go.

Well, then Nathan will go. So that's decided.

Normally, I'd hope that Jason got the nod for the other spot. He's quite popular in Japan, and he seems to enjoy the frivolous aspects of the event (which I do not).

But I get the vibe that Vincent is also developing among the fan base in Japan, and since he medaled, I suppose the place would go to him, provided he wants it.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, then Nathan will go. So that's decided.

Normally, I'd hope that Jason got the nod for the other spot. He's quite popular in Japan, and he seems to enjoy the frivolous aspects of the event (which I do not).

But I get the vibe that Vincent is also developing among the fan base in Japan, and since he medaled, I suppose the place would go to him, provided he wants it.

My impression was that when Nathan said he wanted to go but wasn't sure, that was about making it work with school, not whether they would assign him.

saphire

On the Ice
I do wonder, Nate is still in Japan for SOI this upcoming weekend and classes already restarted after break.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
so according to wikipedia mariah bell and bradie tenell are men :laugh:

also my country is having an hard time in choosing the team

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My impression was that when Nathan said he wanted to go but wasn't sure, that was about making it work with school, not whether they would assign him.

My intention was that Nathan's wishes probably weight heavily on USFSA decision making at this point.

If he says he wants to go to WTT, they'll send him.

If he says he'd like US Nationals held on a frozen pond, they'll do what they can to accommodate.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting! I was wondering whether they would send Adam or Romain.

Dear FFSG,
Papadakis has just become a World champion for the forth time for France, do try to spell her name correctly!

FFSG doing FFSG things as usual:laugh:

Chris Cooper

On the Ice
Anyone know what the TV coverage will be this time? I'm based in the UK. Would be great if it's on the ISU YouTube Channel