2019 World Team Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, was it just at my end, or was anybody else finding that the picture was breaking up quite often during the Opening Ceremony.

I hope it isn't like that once the competitions start.

On the Opening Ceremony, I love the way they do it at the WTT, bringing each of the teamsd out and presenting them to the audience. But, I feel sorry for the Ice Dancers that they miss it because they are up first.

And how cute was that seeing Liza and Andrei together!

During the last WTT Opening Ceremony, I remember making a comment about something that I wasn't entirely happy with. And the same thing happened today:

Not everybody took their hats off for the National Anthem.

Sorry for being old fashioned, but it did look bad.

CaroLiza_fan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As a skating fan another competition is great. But I am not sure this should be anISU event. Itreally seems to be designed to favor for Japan even downto counting the free dances and skates as well as the short programs. It is incongruent with the olympic team event and why they picked inviduals to have two competitiors. It is kind of sad to see thefifth place teams in dance andpairs get one point more only than the Japanese.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
As a skating fan another competition is great. But I am not sure this should be anISU event. Itreally seems to be designed to favor for Japan even downto counting the free dances and skates as well as the short programs. It is incongruent with the olympic team event and why they picked inviduals to have two competitiors. It is kind of sad to see thefifth place teams in dance andpairs get one point more only than the Japanese.

This event is primarily about money. Money from the sponsors to the skaters--a nice payday even for the 5th and 6th place teams. Money from the broadcast rights (especially Japanese) to the ISU--probably another nice payday. When the paymaster is a country with a strong history of singles skating and not pairs/dance, you're going to get a format that favors this, at least in the foreseeable future. But secondarily, it's also about fun and cameraderie and competitive skating can certainly use some of that.

IMO, this is one of those odd situations that may defy logic in the format, but where everyone somehow comes out a winner.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
This event is primarily about money. Money from the sponsors to the skaters--a nice payday even for the 5th and 6th place teams. Money from the broadcast rights (especially Japanese) to the ISU--probably another nice payday. When the paymaster is a country with a strong history of singles skating and not pairs/dance, you're going to get a format that favors this, at least in the foreseeable future. But secondarily, it's also about fun and cameraderie and competitive skating can certainly use some of that.

IMO, this is one of those odd situations that may defy logic in the format, but where everyone somehow comes out a winner.

...and take that to the bank! You nailed it right down to the last "sense." :laugh: