2021 NHK Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The suite was written by Sviridov for film ‘Time, forward!’. It’s often performed by an orchestra (I’ve listened to this music three or four times) and not cringy at all.
It feels like their skate goes on and on, then is interrupted by a newscast. It is the newscast music, we heard it for years and years as newscast opening. I’m expecting an update on how the collective farms are faring, lol.

Dawn825

Medalist
I like both of C/L's programs, much more than the others we saw here, I wish they had skated a little better and made a stronger case for being considered the US's top team.
M/K are sooo charming and confident, they would benefit from music with more personality but everyone is behind them anyways. And they're so young, so I'm excited to watch them in the future, almost all the other top teams are probably on their last season.
I was such a big fan of M/G last year and now i can barely be bothered to watch them. I love the short but it has unfortunately gotten a bit stale at this point. I think mostly because their free is so disappointing with so much recycled choreography that I can't even let myself get invested in them for the short when I know the free is coming.
T/M only have to skate well once - at the Olympics. They are not in the same situating as the Russian ladies, fighting to make the team and suffering in the perception game by losing to a competitor once. They're lucky that all the other Russian teams have lukewarm programs, so their lukewarm programs won't hurt them. They're beautiful skaters, but the depressing energy coming off them always makes them hard to root for personally.

Yeslekyelnats

Rinkside
I like both of C/L's programs, much more than the others we saw here, I wish they had skated a little better and made a stronger case for being considered the US's top team.
M/K are sooo charming and confident, they would benefit from music with more personality but everyone is behind them anyways. And they're so young, so I'm excited to watch them in the future, almost all the other top teams are probably on their last season.
I was such a big fan of M/G last year and now i can barely be bothered to watch them. I love the short but it has unfortunately gotten a bit stale at this point. I think mostly because their free is so disappointing with so much recycled choreography that I can't even let myself get invested in them for the short when I know the free is coming.
T/M only have to skate well once - at the Olympics. They are not in the same situating as the Russian ladies, fighting to make the team and suffering in the perception game by losing to a competitor once. They're lucky that all the other Russian teams have lukewarm programs, so their lukewarm programs won't hurt them. They're beautiful skaters, but the depressing energy coming off them always makes them hard to root for personally.
Only she is young in M/K. I thought I heard them say he was 30 but he could easily go at least another 4 years I would think.

Dawn825

Medalist
Oh wow, I didnt know that, I only googled her age. So who knows how long they'll keep going. Fingers crossed we see more of them.