2021 Russian Nationals - Pregame chat

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Cheliabinsk
December 24-27, 2020
Homepage:
Time Schedule: List of competitors: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/rusnat2021_participants.pdf
Entries-Results:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The arena is ready, and a small quizz, whose silhouette is in the big banner?
7s3QOoG.jpg

The athletes seem ready too:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, today has been all kinds of awesome, (though nothing can beat the season finale of The Mandalorian), but this ranks pretty high on the list, too! Thanks for the headsup!

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Pardon me if this is common knowledge, but can anyone give me a general sense of the streaming situation for the nationals? Will it be live streamed through Channel One like the Cup events were? That didn't happen with Rostelecom -- I assume because the Grand Prix events are the domain of the ISU, whereas the Russian events are not. Are there any geographic restrictions for the Channel One streams on you tube? I've been getting them no problem here in the United States, but are they blocked anywhere else? (This last question I just ask out of curiosity for figure skating fans everywhere...)

Novalis

Record Breaker
Pardon me if this is common knowledge, but can anyone give me a general sense of the streaming situation for the nationals? Will it be live streamed through Channel One like the Cup events were? That didn't happen with Rostelecom -- I assume because the Grand Prix events are the domain of the ISU, whereas the Russian events are not. Are there any geographic restrictions for the Channel One streams on you tube? I've been getting them no problem here in the United States, but are they blocked anywhere else? (This last question I just ask out of curiosity for figure skating fans everywhere...)
Channel one Russia Youtube-stream is what I'm waiting for. Like last years Nationals and Jr Nationals. And also like the the Cup stages this fall. No geoblocking, costs nothing.

And you're right that Rostelecom Cup was different, because it was an event under ISU.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Channel one Russia Youtube-stream is what I'm waiting for. Like last years Nationals and Jr Nationals. And also like the the Cup stages this fall. No geoblocking, costs nothing.

And you're right that Rostelecom Cup was different, because it was an event under ISU.
Possibly with Ted's comment?

Edit: I've missed it was confirmed already, great news :rock:

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks much for answers. Time for more questions!

So if you're watching outside Russia then you get the lovable Ted Barton, but if you're watching inside Russia then you get that lovable Russian guy who was calling the Cup events (with help from Tarasova, Yagudin, Trankov, etc.)? Or if you watch the stream in Russia do you also get Ted Barton?

Just btw, it was so great to have the Russian Nationals up on you tube all year long. And a broadcast with someone who keeps quiet during the programs. (Though I'm sure there are different opinions on this.)

Novalis

Record Breaker
Thanks much for answers. Time for more questions!

So if you're watching outside Russia then you get the lovable Ted Barton, but if you're watching inside Russia then you get that lovable Russian guy who was calling the Cup events (with help from Tarasova, Yagudin, Trankov, etc.)? Or if you watch the stream in Russia do you also get Ted Barton?

Just btw, it was so great to have the Russian Nationals up on you tube all year long. And a broadcast with someone who keeps quiet during the programs. (Though I'm sure there are different opinions on this.)
Not entirely sure here, but I think the Channel One YouTube-stream is the Ted option and in the Channel One website there is the Russian language one. You may need VPN (it might be geoblocked) for that one. And later you have YouTube-videos of both versions circling around.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Not entirely sure here, but I think the Channel One YouTube-stream is the Ted option and in the Channel One website there is the Russian language one. You may need VPN (it might be geoblocked) for that one. And later you have YouTube-videos of both versions circling around.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That's how it was done last season, two parallel streams, one in russian, second one in english. You can still find them all on youtube (both senior and junior). I presume there is no reason to do it otherwise this time.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ted Barton will commentate again for the world feed:

Wow, you really have to give it to Russia's Channel One. They are spoiling us with unblocked, easily accessible and professionally done figure skating live streams! We should send them some kind of Thank You message from figure skating fans all around the world.