2021 Russian Nationals - Pregame chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Russian Nationals - Pregame chat

Magill

Record Breaker
The arena is ready, and a small quizz, whose silhouette is in the big banner?
7s3QOoG.jpg

The athletes seem ready too:

Anna?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Alive withdrew due to health concerns (not surprising). I guess, it was too late to substitute Murzin, he is not in the training groups. Fingers crossed for Aliev’s recovery
sorry to hear this :frown: and i go change my predictions once again

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
December 24th

Men Short Program

Ice Dance Rhythm Dance

Pairs Short Program

December 25th

Ice Dance Free Dance

Men Free Program

Women Short Program

December 26th

Pairs Free Program

Women Free Program

December 27th

Awarding & Demonstration Performances

Back up link:
December 24th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTJMEmjQnw&list=WL&index=1
December 25th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tea57Nv-Ssw&list=WL&index=2
December 26th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L5MpH080BM&list=WL&index=3

LadyB

Record Breaker
Thanks much for answers. Time for more questions!

So if you're watching outside Russia then you get the lovable Ted Barton, but if you're watching inside Russia then you get that lovable Russian guy who was calling the Cup events (with help from Tarasova, Yagudin, Trankov, etc.)? Or if you watch the stream in Russia do you also get Ted Barton?
Sadly not :devil: I'm not in Russia, but I've got a wonderful VPN thanks to @anonymoose_au ! Can't wait for Grishin and the gang! :hap10:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think this is any sort of profound statement, but there are a lot of question marks this year regarding who is, and isn’t, in shape due to covid and it’s aftereffects.

And of course the missed training to recover can’t be good either.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some withdrawals that are being kept quiet for now.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
December 24th

Men Short Program

Ice Dance Rhythm Dance

Pairs Short Program

Thank you for posting these! I have added the links to the individual competition threads :)

If there is anyone in the YEKT timezone that would like post the Starting order in the FS/FD threads, please PM me! The SP/RD threads currently show the entries with both the English and Russian names ;)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmmmm looks like I won't be able to catch any of the ladies live, but then I'm sort of conflicted because I feel like the Russian Figure Skating Fed is being very irresponsible and unreasonable in not postponing Nats (and the ISU too for that matter...an in-person Worlds ain't gonna happen, stop trying to make it happen and concentrate on making it virtual, damn) so I'm not sure I should watch it all?

But then the Russian Figure Skating Fed sure won't care if I don't 😶

Anyone else have an opinion, or am I just being weird?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I see no reason to choose between the two. One can have both 😊
Well I was gonna try and do it in a protesting sense, but then I realised it won't make a difference :laugh:

Man I wonder what Russia would think if they heard we've shut done the area in which I live down over 90 cases? 🤔 Or the rest of the world for that matter.

I wonder if Sasha T is ready, I hope so. I really like her programs this year, it'd be great to see them skated clean!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
From what has been written by accredited press so far, the city of Chelaybinsk has put in full effort to promote the event, banners are flying everywhere, there are posters, a virtual meeting place. Special postcards are on sale, besides lots of other souvenirs.

And all contenstants get presented with a box full with commemorative presents at the accreditation.

Those beautiful statuettes created for the event will probably be used in the drawing of lots.

It would be nice to have a live stream of the draw ceremony.

Let's hope for no more raised temperatures at the entrance to the venue.