2023-2024 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 South Korean Figure Skating

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shin Jia is amazing! Wow!
Also, loved Minsol. Solid #2 skater for Korea.
Loved the bronze medalist here and can’t wait to see how she does in the Junior Circuit this year.
The Y.Kim sisters are so talented. Yujae gets only on JGP spot again 😭
After this competition, I’m thinking we will have four Japanese skaters and two Korean skaters in the JGP finals.

Reactions: chz

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Will Kim / Lee be able to compete in the Youth Olympic Games? They are in the right age range and are guaranteed a spot. Just wondering if there will be citizenships issues or if those have been resolved?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I wasn't sure, as Jinny Kim's place of birth is listed as Los Angeles. I'm so glad, hope to see them at YOG!
Korea gives automatic citizenship to children of two Korean citizens, so no worries there.

skim1001

On the Ice
Country
Japan
What's the logic to send the best two junior ladies skaters in the same event?
The skaters themselves chooses where they want to go not the fed. Minsol have the same coach as Hyungyeom so that's probably why they chose this event.

I know. I thought the same thing when I saw those two at the same event. If I’m a Japanese entry, this is the one event I would avoid.
Japan was one of the first countries to announce their assignments. Jia and Minsol wanted to avoid events with Mao and Ami.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The skaters themselves chooses where they want to go not the fed. Minsol have the same coach as Hyungyeom so that's probably why they chose this event.

Japan was one of the first countries to announce their assignments. Jia and Minsol wanted to avoid events with Mao and Ami.
That makes sense to me. Though, if I was Minsol, I think I’d rather face Ami than Jia.