Changes on US team for Worlds | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Changes on US team for Worlds

I know, but even after to get a World medal, that comment would be totally inappropriate. ...

I think we are making too much of this. Zach is just saying, Hey, man, we let it slip through our fingers last year, but we're going to whup on you next time!""

Barb

Record Breaker
I think we are making too much of this. Zach is just saying, Hey, man, we let it slip through our fingers last year, but we're going to whup on you next time!""

Well, I am not saying he deserve the lethal injection, I am just saying it is inappropriate comment. I think your comment just reflect your work as moderator, I am almost sure that you really understand that his comments was bad taste/offensive toward Shibs´ work.

No, I am just saying that sometimes things don't come out of your mouth quite the way they were intended by your brain. Especially, when you see the words just laying there in cold black and white.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No, I am just saying that sometimes things don't come out of your mouth quite the way they were intended by your brain. Especially, when you see the words just laying there in cold black and white.

I'd be interested in the question that prompted the answer.

I think the fact that Zach has made these kind of "foot in mouth" comments before is why some people aren't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do agree that the comment was some kind of motivational talk, but I agree with many here that it came out really poorly.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight

Yeah I know, thinking before speaking is still such a radical idea for many people.

By the way the problem is not what he said, even if it makes him sound lame. The problem is that if he said it, he likely thinks it, and if he thinks he is guaranteed podium finish, he is very likely to experience not achieving one very traumatically. So his problem, in short.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I think his bonehead comment could end up backfiring on him. Really not a smart thing to say.

concorde

Medalist
And it still proves to have been a good decision. Jason delivered what the USFS needed him to and there's no guarantee Vincent would have.

After today's skate by Vincent, I agree that USFS sent the correct skater to Worlds last years.