S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Novices Nationals (younger age) - 10-14 March 2021, Saransk | Page 12 | Golden Skate

S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Novices Nationals (younger age) - 10-14 March 2021, Saransk

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Can someone please post the youtube address for this? I saw it somewhere and can't find it again. So annoying. Thanks in advance.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Mmh, sadly had to go before being able to finish the older group's FS's. Overall, the results probably are fair enough, but I don't really think that much of Dvoeglazova. Perhaps there's potential, who's to say.

Paramonova was 8th at junior nationals, now she's 9th here. But I'd still say that there's a bit of a talent void around these age groups. 08 has only Veronika Zhilina who has massive consistency issues, and 09 really has no one on such a level.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In time for group 3, but I'm mainly here for Vadim Voronov, Lev Lelekov and Ilya Malshev. Vadim didn't have his best of times yesterday, but he's got an excitig FS that I'm looking forward to.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Oasis in the background!!! Legend! Go Liam, get those boys into fighting mode! :rock:

hanca

Record Breaker
Paramonova was 8th at junior nationals, now she's 9th here. But I'd still say that there's a bit of a talent void around these age groups. 08 has only Veronika Zhilina who has massive consistency issues, and 09 really has no one on such a level.
I think it is far too early to make guesses which years will be weaker. The same has been said in the past about the group of girls 2006-07, and now when you see the, there is Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh and Frolova moving to seniors. The same also was said about the group of girls who are born 2006-07 ( those who will just enter their second season of junior eligibility) and suddenly now you have a group with Samodelkina, Petrosian, Muravieva and Osokina. Before you start worrying about group born in 2008 and 2009, give them some time to at least become junior eligible. You may find out that it doesn’t really matter how great girls born in 2008 and 2009 are now, considering that they are not even junior eligible yet. Nugumanova and Gubanova were so great two years and a year before they were junior eligible, but by the time they became eligible, their peers caught up.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ilia and my Masquerade Waltz!!! Sorry about the fall in the beginning...

LadyB

Record Breaker
Congrats to German Lenkov, there was serious material on display! His jumps are already very mature. Loved the way he was so happy to win! :cheer:
Also happy for Ilia Malyshev's silver 👏👏👏

Sad for Lev Lelekov and in particular Vadim Voronov, as I liked his FS most. The future is their's and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited: