S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Novices Nationals (younger age) - 10-14 March 2021, Saransk | Page 13 | Golden Skate

S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Novices Nationals (younger age) - 10-14 March 2021, Saransk

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, had to start watching quite late, but seems like I didn't miss too much - though I'll have to watch Bazylyuk's skate later.

Imminielle

On the Ice
I find Korobitsina's program very generic and uninspired, but she is obviously extremely talented.
Edit : and into first place !

Novalis

Record Breaker
Little Lena really is quite something. I prefer her SP, but geez, she's got it all. Will be interesting to follow her progression

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
did she miss a combo? or did I just miss her doing one of her combos?
But honestly far better showing than in moscow championships! She is so talented!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Same PCS for Kostyleva and Bazyliuk? Yeah, the scoring's completely nonsensical at these nationals, in Moscow locals they'd be nowhere near one another, probably almost half a dozen point diff...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anyway, it was Kostyleva's best performance in a while, like the spiral. The second -3T probably UR. But her jumps really are big especially for her age. I think she improved her rotating quite a bit already, in such a short time with Eteri.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Unfortunately for Krivonosova, the first Lutz ended up being her downfall

Well, for Sarimsakova, I hope she either places 4th or worse, or wins the whole thing. One of the two.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And Prineva will get highest PCS. Of course, the skater who I think shouldn't even be in top 12 in terms of PCS, and who in Moscow locals hasn't been within 3 points of Krivonosova in PCS, will have highest PCS.

Kind of sad to see such robbery going on, oh well. At least it's just younger novice nationals and nothing all that important.

And yeah, I know she probably would have won anyway, but at least it would not have been so blatant.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Elena ends up winning the free skate portion, good job for her! Sad thing is had she landed that 3Lutz in elements she would have most likely been the gold medalist but she also must be very happy to climb back up to silver!

katymay

Medalist
Awwww That little Daria is so cute. I was hoping the girl from Tatarstan would hang in, but looks like she barely missed. (That transition she did into the 3Sal was all kinds of cool)