2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I am not sure I agree with you. What makes Sasha and Anna special is their quads. If they lose them, they are just like any other skater.

Now, Alena is truly special. But, do we know who will survive puberty and injury? We really don’t. So, don’t be so sure it is Evgenia’s or Alina’s or anyone else’s last season. Time will tell!

Yes, but that's assuming they lose their Quads and start bombing while Alina and Evgenia go back to their consistency and strong technical performances. Nothing is set in stone, also not Evgenia or Alina and that they will only get better if they only have more time. And who knows, I'm not informed about the even younger juniors who are out there and what they do. All I think it's not going to be easy and their Olympic Medals and World Titles are not going to save them for long.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I agree with having a back up that can stay top 8, I'd say a healthy Liza can take that role just fine. What I meant was some worry that Russia's gonna lose its 3rd spot due to Alina - I don't think it will. Alina should manage a 5th place OK, even with bombed skate (well, she usually only bombed 1 out of 2 so far, can't guarantee more).

Ah I see. The competition internationally is still stiffer than it was at Worlds last year. All three Japanese ladies could place ahead of her, and then you have skaters like Eunsoo/Bradie that could end up being quite close to her in that kind of situation. Additionally, I attribute most of what happened at Worlds to general post-Olympics fatigue. Her jumping still generally looked good. She has real UR problems now and her lutz is very vulnerable. I think we're in a new world now, and PCS is also recalibrating post-GPF.

caballe

On the Ice
Oh yes, her "good" competition with multiple uncalled URs that again, rob other skaters. Good times.

If her ur's weren't called at an international event, that means she won't be called at the Euros and Worlds. So she'll be fine. Not only do Russian judges like her, but international judges seem to like her, too. I think it's a good choice.

Rob is what Rob does is what Rob does. Konstantinova deserves to go.

caballe

On the Ice
I am not sure I agree with you. What makes Sasha and Anna special is their quads. If they lose them, they are just like any other skater.

Now, Alena is truly special. But, do we know who will survive puberty and injury? We really don’t. So, don’t be so sure it is Evgenia’s or Alina’s or anyone else’s last season. Time will tell!

Even without the quads, Anna and Sasha still would have more difficult technical content than Alyona. You are only counting the "quad-junior" boost given to Sasha and Anna, but not the "The junior without quads but who skates beautifully" boost Alyona receives which is the judges' effort to level the battlefield for the most promising three juniors in the world right now: just look at the unprecedented PCS marks. Anna and Sasha, to me, don't look like skaters who will be struggling with PCS once they enter seniors.

Just my opinion.

Danny T

Medalist
If her ur's weren't called at an international event, that means she won't be called at the Euros and Worlds. So she'll be fine. Not only do Russian judges like her, but international judges seem to like her, too. I think it's a good choice.

Rob is what Rob does is what Rob does. Konstantinova deserves to go.

Pretty sure international judges liking her came after RusFed pushing her, not the other way around. That said, RusFed made their own bed - I'm not the one dealing with the aftermath if the technical panel in Japan decided not to be nice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lol. I am not sure the senior ladies here showed they need more than 3 spots. There were some ugly long programs. It is more like a selection of who made the least mistajes...

Now, the juniors were amazing lets hope they are healthy and strong for years to come....

When these 3 amazing juniors will be 17-18 years old there will be another amazing bunch of juniors to overtake them. Besides Tuk who has a long but inconsistent career, Pogo who mamaged to make the team 4 times and Med who managed to completely dominate 2 seasons, all up and coming former junior phenomenons are gone. Just for fun, let's check the Wr team in the last Olympic cicle:

2014 worlds: Julia (retired after issues and ED), Pogo (out of form /injured)
2015 worlds: Liza (who never managed to make the team again despite winning in 2015), Radionova (failed to make the team in the last couple of seasons), Pogo (out of form / injured)
2016: Med (currenlty struggling), Radio, Pogo
2017: Med, Maria (struggling/out of form), Pogo
2018: Alina (who most likely will make the team), Maria and Stasya (who most likely will make the team).

Alina is already struggling and I doubt she will make the team next season. Stasya likewise. Top 3 here will probably have a few succesfull seasons if they are mentally strong and then be overtaken by the next bunch in line who are currently probably practicing 4A, 4Lz-4T combos etc :))

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Why do some of Alena’s fans always say this stuff. I think it’s a nuclear exaggeration btw and creates negativity around Alena that is unneeded.

They are all truly special!! That was some show today :yes: These other thoughts are just pointless IMO. I mean why anyone feels the need to bring that stuff up just eludes me to no end.

The first place was clean, the second was not. To the new rules, being clean matter. Trusova was not robbed.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The first place was clean, the second was not. To the new rules, being clean matter. Trusova was not robbed.

Well no one got robbed and Anna certainly deserved her win but even with just a little PCS tinkering the result could change. I don’t think an 8.25 for Sasha’s TR is an unreasonable number :)

twirlingblades

Medalist
I’m really glad that this season hasn’t seemed to ruin Evgenia emotionally— she’s seemed fairly upbeat all season. I think she and BOrser knew that this was going to be a process. She was adorable in the K&C.

Alina [emoji20]

I had a feeling this was going to be a junior takeover, lol.

They are all truly special!! That was some show today :yes: These other thoughts are just pointless IMO. I mean why anyone feels the need to bring that stuff up just eludes me to no end.

Because puberty is real and when a skater reach puberty she/he struggles until he/she is passed it right? and skaters are known for losing jumps for a while, some even injuring themselves. I know junior fans like to live in this fantasy that their faves will continue to be great and have the jumps no matter what, but this is the real world. In the real world puberty is a thing, in the real world you grow up, in the real world skaters struggle to keep their jumps passing one point. In the real world a great junior struggle to keep being great, in the real world injures exist. Alina was struggling because she grew, right?:palmf:

Saying Alena has more chances to continue is not being delulu, is checking history, and studying whats going on in other disciplines. The quad girls are more prompt to get injured than Alena, why? cause they jump harder jumps aka they have more chances of finishing their careers early because of injures, and that Sam is not crazy.

btw this coming from a non-Alena fan

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Because puberty is real and when a skater reach puberty she/he struggles until he/she is passed it right? and skaters are known for losing jumps for a while, some even injuting themselves. I know junior fans like to live in this fantasy that their faves will continue to be great and have the jumps no matter what, but this is the real world. In the real world puberty is a thing, in the real world you grow up, in the real world skaters struggle to keep their jumps passing one point. In the real world a great junior struggle to keep being great, in the real world injures exist. Alina was struggling because she grew, right?:palmf:

Saying Alena has more chances to continue is not being delulu, is checking history, and studying whats going on in other disciplines. The quad girls are more prompt to get injured than Alena, why? cause they jump harder jumps aka they have more chances of finishing their careers early because of injures, and that Sam is not crazy.

I have no idea what you’re ranting about. I am not saying anyone is finished or set. I don’t predict the future or glee in the past. I just try to support them all presently and hope they do the best they can.

That puberty stuff and injury talk seems like a lot of useless negative energy which may or may not be misplaced. The point is I’m not abandoning ship because the waves might be choppy or steering into a glacier because any boat is unsinkable.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Why do some of Alena’s fans always say this stuff. I think it’s a nuclear exaggeration btw and creates negativity around Alena that is unneeded.

Thank you. x 1,000,000.

I'm glad I'm not the type of FS fan that only appreciates one style of skating.
They are all magnificent and unique.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Just looking at Alina’s protocols already made me sad. :(

I’m so glad I didn’t watch this competition. God, what an emotional trainwrack.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
This thread is every bit as delightfully messy as I expected it to be. Thank you for never disappointing me, GS.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Love Zhenya's new Axel. Still don't love her posture though.
Good for her though, way to go!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just can’t get into 13 and 14 year old skaters. What they are doing jump wise is amazing but to me, that is all the are doing. Plus, they have little girl bodies that make them seem even younger than they are. I do like Kostornaia, but she is 15!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What the heck happened??? I was out Christmas shopping for a big dinner I am running tomorrow and this happens? Holy moly!

BTW.. don't go to Costco today if you live in Canada (or the USA I assume) because all the crazy people have let out and decided that Costco was the place to be. There was a honking battle in the parking lot and a couple yelling at each other in the store. Most unCanadian shopping experience I have had in a long time.

Ziotic

Medalist
What the heck happened??? I was out Christmas shopping for a big dinner I am running tomorrow and this happens? Holy moly!

BTW.. don't go to Costco today if you live in Canada (or the USA I assume) because all the crazy people have let out and decided that Costco was the place to be. There was a honking battle in the parking lot and a couple yelling at each other in the store. Most unCanadian shopping experience I have had in a long time.

The one near my house has a police officer directing traffic in the parking lot.