2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

leoleo

Medalist
I just can’t get into 13 and 14 year old skaters. What they are doing jump wise is amazing but to me, that is all the are doing. Plus, they have little girl bodies that make them seem even younger than they are. I do like Kostornaia, but she is 15!

what does body type have to do with figure skating? i would understand if you said you don't like that they're not polished enough yet but why does them having little (which they should be) girls bodies bother you? :think: this is kind of a creepy comment tbh

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Can someone tell me when the victory ceremony is and where to watch it? I want to see Anna's smile atop the podium :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what does body type have to do with figure skating? i would understand if you said you don't like that they're not polished enough yet but why does them having little (which they should be) girls bodies bother you? :think: this is kind of a creepy comment tbh

What I said was that it made them look even younger than they are. That's all.

Artemisa

Final Flight
When these 3 amazing juniors will be 17-18 years old there will be another amazing bunch of juniors to overtake them. Besides Tuk who has a long but inconsistent career, Pogo who mamaged to make the team 4 times and Med who managed to completely dominate 2 seasons, all up and coming former junior phenomenons are gone. Just for fun, let's check the Wr team in the last Olympic cicle:

2014 worlds: Julia (retired after issues and ED), Pogo (out of form /injured)
2015 worlds: Liza (who never managed to make the team again despite winning in 2015), Radionova (failed to make the team in the last couple of seasons), Pogo (out of form / injured)
2016: Med (currenlty struggling), Radio, Pogo
2017: Med, Maria (struggling/out of form), Pogo
2018: Alina (who most likely will make the team), Maria and Stasya (who most likely will make the team).

Alina is already struggling and I doubt she will make the team next season. Stasya likewise. Top 3 here will probably have a few succesfull seasons if they are mentally strong and then be overtaken by the next bunch in line who are currently probably practicing 4A, 4Lz-4T combos etc :))

looking a world team's ... make me think about Pogo ... even with inconsistencies ... when she competed she always make the team

16Olympics

On the Ice
I haven't watched any videos yet but to hear that Zhenya won the FS among the seniors is delightful.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
What the heck happened??? I was out Christmas shopping for a big dinner I am running tomorrow and this happens? Holy moly!

BTW.. don't go to Costco today if you live in Canada (or the USA I assume) because all the crazy people have let out and decided that Costco was the place to be. There was a honking battle in the parking lot and a couple yelling at each other in the store. Most unCanadian shopping experience I have had in a long time.

That's why I never shop at Costco. I even had an expensive account for a year and have never used it. For food I shop in local stores (Highland farm/Brandt/Starsky), but that's Toronto GTA. I doubt these stores are else where in Ontario.

As for the ladies, I only left for shopping after they finished, but I was mentally drained by the drama of these girls. I would say that in girls and pairs, the Russian Nationals are better than world championships. Although there were a few mistakes, still the level was insane. Sorry for Alina and Evgenia, though I think Evgenia has redeemed herself after the SP disaster.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Finally caught up fully. Evgenia! Yes not perfect but what a comeback after the short. Amazing to see her looking happy, more relaxed and in control! What a turnaround. I was jumping and shouting around my kitchen watching it! So happy for her. Poor Alina, not sure if it was nerves or injury but either way she can hold her head up high after the incredible two seasons she has been having. Anyone can have an off day. Alena was a dream as always and what a surprise Anna threw us! I never would have guessed these standings! Russian nationals is more tense that the olympics [emoji23][emoji23]

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
What blows my mind is Alena could have won against the quad juniors if she hadn't tripped in the short. The difference between her and gold was exactly how much she lost in the SP [emoji26][emoji26]

Not really. Shcherbakova 'messed up' her spin in FP, so she would score higher too if that was performed to the rules...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova's free skate received 72 in PCS? And no UR calls? :dance: :yahoo: :rofl:

If they want to be fair/objective to this competition, the team should be Konstantinova, Samodurova and Tuktamysheva.. But Alina (and Zhenya) did so many good things in the past for them, so...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Tarakanova was robbed!!!

She robbed herself with a bad SP/position she had before a start of the FP competition. Skaters who skate first just cant expect that much, sadly. Its an unwritten rule of this sport (and some bigger stars as YuNa and Plushenko also suffered from that at one point in their careers).

pesto

On the Ice
To take away Liza's place, I think the other seniors needed to have stand out performances across the competition here, and none of them did. So if she's well enough, I think the spot is hers, along with the mandated 1 & 2.

I don't think Zhenya's poor SP result and somewhat redemptive, but imperfect FS should be enough to give her the reserve spot over Sofia, who beat her overall here and across the GP series. But at least it should be enough to ensure continued support from the federation. So hopefully she can continue to rebuild and come back strong for next season.

Sofia looked tense in the FS, probably from the pressure of knowing her team place was on the line. As Zhenya has found, you can't sell a sassy programme if you are tense, so Sofia's programme didn't look as joyful as it did in the GP series, when she was relishing her new-found success at that level.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think that Trusova will pay more attention to her second mark, as she got beaten twice by a little margin, by girls who had higher PCS than her.
Kosto needs that 3A. Because nothing says that she will have that PCS cushion that allows her to rival with quad girls next season.
I hope that now that Alina is really struggling and isn't getting medals, she will get at least 1/4 of warm support that Medvedeva is getting.
Tarakanova, Gubanova and Tarusina deserved better.

I think euro team will be Zagitova, Tuktamysheva and Konstantinova. If Medvedeva gets the alternate spot over Samodurova (which is possible given how she was scored in the free), that will be a big LOL.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
General thoughts:

- Super happy to see Shcherbakova winnning Nationals: she is my favourite from Eteri's group but i was a little worried about her after JGPF (she has her bad days like Alina), her 4ltz here was top notch, i can't believe the guys can't even do quad toes while Anna and Alexandra are landing quad lutzes.

- Medvedeva -> it was great to see her attacking the program and trying to skate clean (still with one fall), i like the work that has been done so far with her, but i thought she was overscored here and the layout for the free skate is too easy, i'm not sure she will receive those big marks outside of Russia with that FS.

- Davydov's skaters: Viktoria is amazing, but i think she rushes a little the choreography, she should work more on that cause otherwise she is a great all around skater, while Anna Tarusina is an amazing performer (i'd say one of the best) but her jumps are always borderline underrotated to me, very Satoko-like, i'm not a fan of that.

- Tarakanova and few others were incredibly robbed, poor girls.

- I'm happy for Stasya though, i'm still not a fan of her jumping technique and this AK program. Sofia is a skater to look forward in the future, she is such a fierce competitor.

- Alina Zagitova -> one of those days unfortunately.

So Sofia isn't going to Euros? :sarcasm:

I'm really bitter about that.

Is that official? I'm NOT okay with that.

Yes, Medvedeva redeemed herself but you have to give credit to Sofia for being super consistent all season, an athlete the Federation can rely on, all Mishin's group did a fantastic job this season and they deserve more.

frida80

Record Breaker
Me too :(
I think the only way she'll get to go is if Liza WD and they pick her as first alternate instead of Zhenya

I’m watching al, the performances from beginning to end, so maybe I’ll changr my mind by the time I get to her. I just can’t her crashing and burning at both JW and Worlds. Then I remember how consistent Sofia has been, and I get a sour feeling in my stomach. Really?!