2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well congrats to Mozalev, he pulled a Danielian from 13th place and is going to JrW! No matter what Kunitsa does.

Let’s not jinx it.

Gotta say, when Samsonov is on, he is on... am I the only one love his free, don’t like his short? It’s almost like he needs a longer stretch of time to build up the shock and awe.

Edit: omg, yes! :hap10: there is a bronze that feels like gold! Grats to Mozalev!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let’s not jinx it.

Gotta say, when Samsonov is on, he is on... am I the only one love his free, don’t like his short? It’s almost like he needs a longer stretch of time to build up the shock and awe.

Edit: omg, yes! :hap10: there is a bronze that feels like gold! Grats to Mozalev!

It's not a jinx but a guarantee, Kunitsa has no minimums and they are due on Monday and there was no one else to go ahead except the top 2.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It's not a jinx but a guarantee, Kunitsa has no minimums and they are due on Monday and there was no one else to go ahead except the top 2.

Now, now don’t logic away my exciting time worrying :drama: :yahoo: :hap93:

Also, I don’t want to overshadow at all just how well Gumennik performed, and how excellent Samsonov presented his free with my Mozalev hype, lol.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now, now don’t logic away my exciting time worrying :drama: :yahoo: :hap93:

Also, I don’t want to overshadow at all just how well Gumennik performed, and how excellent Samsonov presented his free with my Mozalev hype, lol.

Well Kovalev was in the middle of whatever he was doing and there was only 3 skaters left, one of whom was ineligible so yeah, he did what Artur did, finished 13th in the short, won the free, on the podium, going to Worlds.

Congrats to all the medalist :hap10: Health and good luck at JrW!

On a side note, I watch 4CC this morning and to say i'm not nervous about Dmitry and Artur would be an understatement. The 4CC guys killed it. And yeah, half of the top 10 aren't going but they will be replaced by 3 guys capable of 84+ scores. Plus Kevin........I'm already panicking :scard8:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am saving the 4CC watching for next week, but there is no question that DA and AD are going to play vs a formidable line-up of skating stars.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am saving the 4CC watching for next week, but there is no question that DA and AD are going to play vs a formidable line-up of skating stars.

Dmitry and Artur will have to be foot perfect. I watched from Han Yan on down and it was straight fire! LOL

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Dmitry and Artur will have to be foot perfect. I watched from Han Yan on down and it was straight fire! LOL

Aww, I wish I didn’t have to work today, but I do... looking forward though to watching very, very much!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OK, Daniil, Petr and Andrei medaled and will be probably going to junior worlds as expected.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I had finally had a chance to see the rest of the competition.

Vetlugin delivered the inevitable dose of heartbreak, cause figureskating. I quite enjoyed Polyakovkiy’s (? same music as Aliev’s), Plushenko’s student’s and Yablokov’s programs...

As someone had noted Mozalev’s FS’s music—well, I sort of I got used to Mozalev’s understated mix seventh time round, so Seneneko’s was the one that didn’t work for me for his skate.

But the big deal after the guys who—absolutely deservedly—won was Kutovoy’s Gavroche, by far my favourite character skated this season junior or senior... gosh, i wish him jumps next year.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I had finally had a chance to see the rest of the competition.

Vetlugin delivered the inevitable dose of heartbreak, cause figureskating. I quite enjoyed Polyakovkiy’s (? same music as Aliev’s), Plushenko’s student’s and Yablokov’s programs...

As someone had noted Mozalev’s FS’s music—well, I sort of I got used to Mozalev’s understated mix seventh time round, so Seneneko’s was the one that didn’t work for me for his skate.

But the big deal after the guys who—absolutely deservedly—won was Kutovoy’s Gavroche, by far my favourite character skated this season junior or senior... gosh, i wish him jumps next year.

I've noticed it as well, it seems Rukavicin gave the two of his students the same music.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He did not. Polianskii had this program last season when he skated in Dainenko's group.

I guess they all just liked it... great music to be sure. Do you guys know if they confirmed JrW selection yet? Not that I expect surprises...

Also, apologies for mangling the last name—there was so many new ones in the competition my memory bank is not keeping up.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I guess they all just liked it... great music to be sure. Do you guys know if they confirmed JrW selection yet? Not that I expect surprises...

Also, apologies for mangling the last name—there was so many new ones in the competition my memory bank is not keeping up.

I doubt there would be any surprise with the nomination for worlds, the winning trio is undoubtedly the strongest choice.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

JrW selection is pretty straight forward :confused2:
Samsonov, Gumennik, Mozalev
Subs: Yablokov, Kutovoi

Kunitsa has never competed internationally to my knowledge so he has no minimums. Semenenko's has expired as he hasn't competed internationally since 2017-2018. So if they are subs, I don't know how they get to JrW as minimums need to be achieved by Monday, Feb. 10th.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am just curious if they said anything officially—but thanks on the break-down on the potential substitutes. I am also curious if Gumennik can repeat his successful performance in the Jr.W.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The way Mozalev was patting Samsonov ok the head was so „older-brotherly“ and sweet.
Glad to see that although they compete against each other this season, older guys treat little Daniil with love and care. So nice of them.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The way Mozalev was patting Samsonov ok the head was so „older-brotherly“ and sweet.
Glad to see that although they compete against each other this season, older guys treat little Daniil with love and care. So nice of them.

But still. You know that the junior girls are tiny. and then seeing poor Daniil even smaller than Sofia Akatieva is just...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8R1h_vpJyb/

:biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But still. You know that the junior girls are tiny. and then seeing poor Daniil even smaller than Sofia Akatieva is just...

He probably knows and is perhaps often teased because of his small height, which might explain his usually very restrained behaviour in any off ice scenes. Wonder how tall he ends up when entering puberty and having the growth spurt.

At least this weekend, being in first place, on the highest pedestal he must feel tall ;-)