LadyB

Record Breaker
J/C are a thrilling team to watch. I wish them a great season :clapper:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Curse that throw fall, that performance was so close to being perfect.:(

Still lovely, and Morgan's laugh at the end after her blade skidding was charming.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
James/Cipres... magical. Absolutely mesmerizing. Even with the tiny errors, fantastic. The program is perfect, and it's perfect for them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
J/C are just their own little telenovela aren't they? That program was alternately breathtaking (those lifts! even that throwaway curve live several dance couples would give their eyeteeth for) and face-palming.

Well it shall be quite interesting to see how this develops over the course of the season.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I don't often watch pairs, but J/C always make me wonder why not. Their music choices are always on point (that lift that synchronized with the high point of the vocals, wow!) and their synchronization is amazing. Also, Morgan's face at the end after he skidded her blade across the ice. :rofl:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh dang, I just missed Vanessa and Morgan, I only caught the end!

So happy for them, they really hit out of the park! :biggrin: I was worried that the stumble at the end might mean they had a bad time of it.

You go, guys!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Shame on the fall on the throw 3S for James/Cipres, but really secure side-by-side jumps - 3T+2T+2T and 3S. Really strong lifts with plenty of ice coverage. A little stuck here and there with the exit of the first lift and the third lift. I felt that the second half was much more relevant with the music than the first half, with some cool transitions (spread eagle lift) between elements. I think they can still grow the romance between them since the song is Wicked Game, and I hope they can continue to ascend the ranks with both D/R and S/M having retired (for now).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In other news...why are they making this poor announcer suffer through French pronounciation? :laugh: Is it a legal requirement (I remember reading somewhere that in certain parts of Canada you have to have French and English - like on signs and stuff).

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, well, that was a rough skate from M-T/M. We'll see how the program shapes up; I'm not convinced yet.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Now that's more like it - after having mixed feelings over SP yesterday, this is a program that seems molded to them tighter than Vanessa catsuit: sexy, provocative, building up by movement, daring, edgy. From perfectly timed sbs jumps with music rise, through great lifts to little things that grab me at the first time seeing the program (like e.g. them skating opposite directions going into sbs combo) - the program inspires and makes me wish there were more pairs who seduce as convincinly as skate through performance. Once that program will shake jitters and leave just gritty edge, I will record it and watch every day - there is just something ultimately sensual, raw in the way they show emotion hidden in music onto surface, baring it in front of people. This is pure them: no tip-toes over dance holds and decorum, just pure feelings, even with a fall and few stumbles.

Ziotic

Medalist
In other news...why are they making this poor announcer suffer through French pronounciation? :laugh: Is it a legal requirement (I remember reading somewhere that in certain parts of Canada you have to have French and English - like on signs and stuff).

It’s a skate Canada mandate