2018 Autumn Classic Intl Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Pairs Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I usually like Julia M's choreography.

I don't think there's a single moment in that program that I like. Not one.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Some rough elements there. The lift dismounts were cool.

Musically, not really doing it for me. I was hoping for something with a bit more energy out of a Pink Floyd program.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
A shaky outing for Moore-Towers/Marinaro. I did like the combo spin and the ending death spiral. The opening triple twist was almost scary low, the fall from Marinaro on the sbs 3T, the fall on the throw 3Lo, and a very rough 2A+1Eu+3S attempt. It's true that they seemed undertrained and lacked the speed and glide I tend to associate with this pair. The second lift was a little bit scary too with a double hand hold that didn't seem secure.

Overall, I didn't really understand the choreography and music choices, but maybe I'll get when they've gotten more mileage behind the Pink Floyd program.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:agree: I love this program. I couldn't take my eyes off them!!!

The captivating factor is surely there and this has nothing to do with tech difficulty or landed jumps, at least for me - it is how consistently alluring their style is, how emotional, seductive journey they are giving us.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I usually like Julia M's choreography.

I don't think there's a single moment in that program that I like. Not one.

I did like the Death Spiral fist-pump!

But the music seemed to have weird sound effects on it? What's the deal with that?

Awww Ted loves us all watching around the world! :biggrin:

Ziotic

Medalist
I think she’s still recovering from her injury, they missed training time as a result. I’m sure it will look better with a bit more polish.

ETA. Why would they make poor Dylan interview them

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And everyone is thinking "I wish Kristen and Dylan were still skating together".... Well..not everyone. Just me.

champagnerain

Final Flight
In other news...why are they making this poor announcer suffer through French pronounciation? :laugh: Is it a legal requirement (I remember reading somewhere that in certain parts of Canada you have to have French and English - like on signs and stuff).

I still prefer this announcer over the men's SP announcer in terms of French pronunciation. He at least sounds like he's trying. The other one sounded a bit like a robot who has heard that a language such as French exists but has no idea what it actually sounds like.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It’s a skate Canada mandate

:laugh: I see Dylan had to get wired.

Also Dylan reminds me of someone else..but I totally can't figure out who?! Unless it's just himself...my memory is terrible :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Awkward. That is the word you are looking for Ted. Not charming, awkward.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It’s a skate Canada mandate

I still prefer this announcer over the men's SP announcer in terms of French pronunciation. He at least sounds like he's trying. The other one sounded a bit like a robot who has heard that a language such as French exists but has no idea what it actually sounds like.

It did cross my mind that maybe he's reading a phonetically spelled out card or something. Poor guy :laugh:

Aww, I wanted to hear what Ted and Diane have to say, but there's ads playing over them!

Wow...Skate Canada is on Snapchat? That's kinda hilarious.