2018 Autumn Classic Intl Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Pairs Free Skate

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Speaking of which, I don't understand why they keep trying a 3-jump combination that has an Euler in that. That's almost impossible to do in sync.

Right? It's impressive that they can do that combo but it's wildly out of sync. Under this system they would do better to do a well-synced 2A+2T+2T instead.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aaaand Ted and Diane decide to head off for a break just in time for the ads to end. Dang.

I thought the ladies were starting at 8 minutes past the hour, guess not, any idea when they will be?

ETA: I just remembered who Dylan reminded me of, Shaun White! It's the big smile and the reddish hair.

tzazu

Medalist
Aaaand Ted and Diane decide to head off for a break just in time for the ads to end. Dang.

I thought the ladies were starting at 8 minutes past the hour, guess not, any idea when they will be?

After the ice resurface, I suppose :scratch2:

oly2018

Final Flight
Now that's more like it - after having mixed feelings over SP yesterday, this is a program that seems molded to them tighter than Vanessa catsuit: sexy, provocative, building up by movement, daring, edgy. From perfectly timed sbs jumps with music rise, through great lifts to little things that grab me at the first time seeing the program (like e.g. them skating opposite directions going into sbs combo) - the program inspires and makes me wish there were more pairs who seduce as convincinly as skate through performance. Once that program will shake jitters and leave just gritty edge, I will record it and watch every day - there is just something ultimately sensual, raw in the way they show emotion hidden in music onto surface, baring it in front of people. This is pure them: no tip-toes over dance holds and decorum, just pure feelings, even with a fall and few stumbles.
Just wanted to say that I 100% agree with your sentiments and this is written beautifully!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a great start of the season for the pairs (and regrettably there were only 5 couples, where did all those 28 pairs at worlds last season go? Oh, they retired, split up or are sitting out the season)...Vanessa and Morgan can do nothing wrong for me (I loved both their programmes, but that FS was really something unique) from now on, Kirstin and Michael need to work on their programmes a bit more (especially their FS has some lovely, unusual and innovative parts but needs work) but I like it that they're going out of their comfort zone - and poor Kirstin's injury put them back a bit - while Haven and Brandon need to work too. Not on their lifts though, these were fantastic already. Although I will be missing my beloved Aljona and Bruno this season, it seems the remaining skaters are up for the challenge. And we haven't even seen most of them yet. Great vibes.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - Great job by Vanessa and Morgan! :) I love both programs. This is the direction that I would like to see skating go - more modern and edgy - to bring in more fans. They seem very well trained and ready for the season. I loved the last lift! It will make a very cool ending. They were very cute, giggling about how her blade hit the ice strangely after that lift. I am interested to see what their costumes will be for the two programs. It would be nice to see them in more colour, for a change.

I'm not sure what to make of Kirsten and Michael's program. It was a rough outing, and they are under-trained due to Kirsten's ankle injury, but I'm not convinced. It seemed pretty snoozy until the last section (which was more enjoyable). I am still always worried about Kirsten in the lifts and twist. I am not sure what needs to be done, but I don't see a ton of improvement in Michael's lifting ability. She's pretty petite, so she should be easy to throw/lift.