2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I slept through the alarm and will watch it all later, but so far this final has been quite a ride for both juniors and seniors!

HOW is it possible that S/B didn’t hit all their kp? Just hoooow? This music is Tango for Dummies. You could die and be buried and still hear those beats from the grave.

Yeah, the stupor rhythm on top of the melody was pretty obvious, however I think it was not about timing...From my pov their frame and lines looked very uneven, Alexandra got back to unbendable knees and the whole effect looked much worse than in Helsinki or Moscow.

Last edited:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
My internet has been down all day so I’ve only watched on my tiny phone screen but I think I agree with the placements.

Also I know it’s a different competition and you can’t compare etc etc but Piper and Paul’s RD score from Golden Spin would have them in 2nd place here... I’m not salty AT ALL :rolleye:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Yeah, the stupor rhythm on top of the melody was pretty obvious, however I think it was not about timing...From my pov their frame and lines looked very uneven, Alexandra got back to unbendable knees and the whole effect looked much worse than in Helsinki or Moscow.

It’s nerves probably - this is the first season where they have a real chance of being on some big podiums. The nerves used to get to Madi and Zach when they were finally in a position to win medals, so hopefully S/B will be able to calm their nerves with time. I really love both their programmes so I hope they do well this season.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I am very pleased for G/F and S/K.
Still, it's crazy how much a quarter of a point matters in ice dance.

edit: H/B are getting killed on levels this season....

moses

Rinkside
Before this comp I was curious to see how Hubbell/Donohue were going to fare...I actually thought S/B or S/K was going to catch up to them, either in the RD or the FD...I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams passes them in the FD but H/D maintains their lead because of their RD score. However, I am sure H/D have reworked their FD program quite a bit in these past five weeks. They certainly reworked their RD!

The Italians were great. I also loved how happy G/F were when they saw their score. Probably my favorite RD of the night.

And how I love H/B, but I could feel them (at least Kaitlyn) focus through the computer screen. She certainly was more relaxed than last year at 4CC, but I could still see her lapse into concentration, which stinks because I really love Kaitlyn and Jean Luc! Regardless they did pretty well. Curious to see how their FD is--they always look more relaxed during FD.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Charlene’s reaction to being in second it why I love figure skating. So happy they deserved it with the level 4 in the first TR pattern.

I love Stepanova and Bukin but it’s the GPF, you cannot be getting basic on a pattern here you just can’t. I adore their RD but they need to focus!

Hubbell and Donahue made me forget it’s been like two months since I last saw them skate. Very confident and professional, I liked it.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Finally watched it. I think I liked Italians the most. Great to see their result and how happy Charlene was! :hap10: