2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Yesssss!!! G/F are definitely my favorite team this season. :yahoo:

So cute to see Barbara crying tears of pride in the K&C.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Popping in to say that Charlene and Marco deserve every point and they were the highlight of the RD live for me!!!! :love:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Stepanova and Bukin were bumped to the first group. Not great for them.

Hubbell and Donohue did what they needed to do here; those three points over the Russians will likely be very useful in the free.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Popping in to say that Charlene and Marco deserve every point and they were the highlight of the RD live for me!!!! :love:

You just see the maturity and understanding of performance/interpretation quality of the music in these two in RD, sharpness, definition of body shapes, excellent partnering being decisive and direct, right dose of sensuality without falling into cliche area. I do hope judges won't dump them just because of La La land...

Weathergal

Medalist
Charlene's reaction in the KnC was so sweet! And seeing Barbara cry tears of joy, too...! Also Barbara wins the KnC style game! :agree:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nothing against these teams but I wished Weaver/Poje competed here. I think their steamy and sensual tango would have brought the house down :cool:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hurray for Charlene and Marco!:hap10: I was really feeling something special happening during their performance (my favorite of the event), but assumed it was just me until the scores came up lol. Loved their happy tears in k&c!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Indeed! Give us your thoughts when you have the chance! Do H/D come off as THESE GO TO 11 in the arena as they do through the screen?
They just felt very polished and solid. That split move is really a showstopper. But that RD didn't have spark like S/B.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My body has failed me, it was only supposed to sleep for 4 hours :frown: Anyway, this is pretty surprising, H/D in first as expected but G/F in second and S/K in third, whoa. I need to catch up, I'll have WeakAnkle's PBP open on a separate tab and see how everyone did.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Always did love Barbara Fusar POli. No messing about, you always know just where you stand with her. And a great job of coaching, Barbara!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just woken up, checked the results and I am surprised with the results in all the categories: minimum difference in the junior ice dance podium, Gogolev winning despite being classified as the first substitute and a complete meltdown of Camden Pulkien in the FS, the Chinese leading in senior pairs after SP with James/Cipres just outside the podium and Tarasova/Morozov bebind Zabiiako/Enbert and, finally, the Italians winning over the Russians in the RD and Sinitsina/Katsalapov winning the first internal battle with Stepanova/Bukin. The fight for Russia's no. 1 position is really exciting this year because there's simply no one clear favourite.

Shortly, I'll publish the ice dance small medals list. I wonder if there's any single person who predicted such a podium and the rest of the placings.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
ICE DANCE SMALL MEDALS

There are 158 participants in the Ice Dance GPF Prediction Game. After the RD there are 18 winners, as many as 77 silver medals and only 5 bronze medalists. There's not a single person who predicted such a podium or results, which means there's nobody with either of the bonuses (I'd like to remind that there's a 30-point bonus for correct podium prediction and a 60-point bonus for correct predicting of all the results). As for the winners, they have all the results correct expect the placement of the Italians and Stepanova/Bukin (they have the Russians on the silver medal position and the Italians just outside the podium).

So here go the RD small medals:

GOLD medal (140 points): Antyv, Baron Vladimir, cathlen, Fluture, FS101, Hyena, Koatterce, lavenderblossom, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marius, ntnext, ruga, s_parks, Step Sequence4, tosca, voolfee and Weathergal

SILVER medal (120 points): AidenAiena, alyssamarie, apgold, arewhyaen, Azcha, betaincanada, BillNeal, BluishHush, bobbob, CanadianSkaterGuy, cer, Chris Cooper, Colonel Green, corynna, Crossover, Debrah, desertskates, dodobirdo, dunnoww, elektra, blue, Fetinia, Fish in the sea, FSLover17, GINO, hydroblader, IlVoloFan, invisiblespiral, Kittosuni, Klarnet, LaArdilla, LadyB, ladykk, LanaD, MaiKatze, marulia, MelDee, moonkat, moonstruck, MrECartman, Mrs. P, nipman, Nirti, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, Off, My Rocker, okokok1777, Pandicorn, Pany lee, Phireye, Pippuripihvi, Poice, Puchi, Pululafan, rachno2, randomfan, readernick, Roast Toast, rosacotton, Sabine, [email protected], SashaJuliaSpins, satine, semosk8tfan, Sherlock Marple, Skater Boy, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, SubRosa, surimi, sweetice, tabsy, TTM, vincb17, Winry, Yuzuruu, zebobes and Ziotic

BRONZE medal (110 points): ines42575, Nathan13, Sam-Skwantch, silver.blades and waterfall braid

Let's see who is able to maintain the podium after the FD.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Even watching later, on my small screen, it was clear that Guignard/Fabbri earned their placement here. Just as they were starting I was thinking how much I appreciated their power and technique, they carried it through the program well, and at the end I knew what placement I thought they deserved (even if I didn't think they actually would get it).

The new system of GOE overpowering levels is popular, I know, but I'll cheer on any hints we see that actual technical ability is helping the teams who deliver it.

jillredhand

Record Breaker

A+ Agree. I honestly didn't care for them at all watching the GP circuit, but they were a totally different story live. IDK why, but I appreciated them so much more than I ever had before.

Actually, that's true for Ice Dance as a whole. I think maybe the difference is that in Singles and Pairs, there's an advantage to having different camera angles and close ups to better see technical elements, whereas in Dance they're so much more committed to whole body story telling and making their precision and purpose exquisitely clear that they show off to much better effect without those distractions. I'm just spit balling, but literally every dance team in juniors and seniors was a revelation- Oh, this is why Dance is so good and so hard.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With the Shibs, P/C, W/P and even C/B not here because of injury or sitting the season out the ice dancing final seems really watered down and not as strong as it usually is.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I slept through the alarm and will watch it all later, but so far this final has been quite a ride for both juniors and seniors!

HOW is it possible that S/B didn’t hit all their kp? Just hoooow? This music is Tango for Dummies. You could die and be buried and still hear those beats from the grave.