2018 JGP Ljubljana Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO
Music: Tango: La Cumparsita
Choreography by: Alena Samarskaia
Costumes: Black and red color-blocked dress with tank back and back cutouts for her; basic black with red shirt for him. The suspenders are de trop.

Required Elements:

Nt St Seq (circular) My goodness they have grown up. And the speed just puts them on another level.
Twizzles - sharp. Nice entry from double lunges. Balance check for her. Pirouette out for her. Level 3 for her, 4 for him.
AT Pattern - Lovely lovely --it really flowed the way an AT pattern should.
Straight line lift to sliding exit. Nice position on this. Shows how effective HOLDING a position can be. Level 4 and it should be.

Well they mean business. That was PERFORMED. LOL.

Score: 63.79

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, the two Russian partnerships are now at the top.

Have to say, I absolutely hate Sofia's dress. And I didn't appreciate Igor's plunging neckline. But, the skating itself was good.

Twins on now. And I still don't think Ted has twigged, because of the way he only said that they were both 15 and were a new partnership.

And I am more sure than ever that he doesn't realise, due to what he is saying now that they are finished!

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY
Music: Tango/Flamenco
Choreography by: Galit Chait Moracci
Costumes: Black dress with red sequined appliques for her, basic black with sparkles for him

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - basic and they need to work on basics, mostly no KPs. But much improved from first outting.
Twizzles - to flamenco. Second set a bit pirouetty. Level 3 for both.
ML NT Step Seq. - they're doing steps but they're not yet dancing. Though it's closer than last time. Level 2
Rotational Lift - slow with basic entry and exit. Nice one armed hold in there. Level 2. Dropped from last time.

They're a new team and it shows. They need to work on those basics. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right? What is nice is that he looks, in particular, that he loves being out there. It's a HUGE improvement from the last time out. Really huge.

Score: 41.06

Surprised it wasn't a SB.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Paul and Alicia have a lot of technical skill (though he had some twizzle trouble here), but I don’t get a ton of character from the performance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alicia FABBRI / Paul AYER
Music: Tango: "A Evaristo carriego" by Eduardo Rovira; Tango: "Obertuna" performed by Forever Tango
Choreography by: Mylene Girard
Costumes:Very trad red dress with bodice bling for her; basic black for him

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - nicely done but mixed KPs. I'd love to see them do a waltz pattern.
Twizzles - well he just lost that first set but no fall so good for him. Level 4 for her, 1 for him
Midline Step Seq Level 3 which is good
Rotational Lift - nice speed Level 4

You know, maybe it's me but I'm not getting much of a tango feel from these two. It almost could be a sped-up waltz. I think they really went for the speed speed speed (and they have huge speed) and sacrificed the tango for it.

Score: 53.20

- - - Updated - - -

Bagel and coffee time! Woohoo!

:coffee:

:dance3:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Fabbri/Ayer was good, but I didn't quite get the feeling that they were performing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Last flight was the RED flight. This looks like the BLACK flight.

One would almost think the skating order was color coded.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I like this new twizzles scoring: separate scores for her and him. It's more fair, I think.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY
Music: Tango/Flamenco
Choreography by: Galit Chait Moracci
Costumes: Black dress with red sequined appliques for her, basic black with sparkles for him

They're a new team and it shows. They need to work on those basics. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right? What is nice is that he looks, in particular, that he loves being out there. It's a HUGE improvement from the last time out. Really huge.

Score: 41.06

Surprised it wasn't a SB.

Just been doing some research during the interval trying to find out for definite if they are twins or if the same DOB being used for both of them in the ISU Bio is a mistake. And I found something else that was interesting.

They're not even a new team. Here's a video of them at the Toruń Cup back in 2014:

https://ok.ru/video/4198237641

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ellie FISHER / Simon-Pierre MALETTE-PAQUETTE
Music: "Tango D'Amor" by Tango Jointz feat. Bellma Cespedes; Tango: "Verano Portena" performed by Tango Quattro
Choreography by: Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Basic black with sheer paneling for both. She went trad with the red hair flower

Required Elements:

OK, 12 seconds in and I hate the music

Twizzles with hop entry. two sets but nice curve out Level 4 for her 3 for him.
AT Pattern - nice speed throught this. Could be closer in the hips. Lunges out. Mixed KPs.
ST Seq - well the lunges are actually a nice choreographic touch, but I found it a bit blurry. Like there's no real there there yet. Level 2. Not surprised.
Stationary Lift - no Ted, it's not as unique position anymore as it was.

Newbies and it shows. But they do have some charm. I just found that step sequence was neither here nor there.

Score: 57.08

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sophia SIMITSAKOS / Jeffrey WONG
Music: Tango: Tango Till They Are Sore by Tom Waits; Tango: Milongo
Choreography by: Shae Zukiwsky, F. Ouellette, E. Paradis
Costumes: Black tango dress with gold bling (daring!); basic black for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles - very slow, level 3 for her 4 for him. Good.
AT Pattern - weird hand hold to start. Not much roll to the rolls. They need to work on the basics . But
SL lift - Awkward entry. You can see the seams. But nice posiiton. Level 3
Diag St Seq. - not the most difficult steps but I like that they perform OUT.

Newbies. And you can see the lack of experience and polish. But they perform. Work on the basics and up the difficulty.

Score: 35.59

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Jeffrey needs to either dye all his hair or not at all.

There are some really rare hairstyles nowadays! And the worst of it is that this one isn't the worst I've seen! :eek:

Nice to see Greece being represented in another category of the sport.

I wonder where exactly Sophia's family is from. I'm always fascinated to find that out whenever I come across somebody with a Greek name.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marina PHILIPPOVA / Vadym KRAVTSOV
Music:
Choreography by:
Costumes: Basic black with blue bling for her; basic black for him. With man cleavage.

Required Elements:

Twizzles - she pumps them. Not attractive. Level 4 for both. Well better than I would have given them
SL Lift- simple simple simple. I still want to know how stepping on your partner's boot is a LIFT.
AT Pattern - Very small and slow and careful. Missed every KP.
ML St Seq - again, all very basic. Level 1

Not much to say about these two. Basics basics basics.

Score: 38.89

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ellie FISHER / Simon-Pierre MALETTE-PAQUETTE
Music: "Tango D'Amor" by Tango Jointz feat. Bellma Cespedes; Tango: "Verano Portena" performed by Tango Quattro
Choreography by: Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Basic black with sheer paneling for both. She went trad with the red hair flower

Required Elements:

OK, 12 seconds in and I hate the music

Twizzles with hop entry. two sets but nice curve out Level 4 for her 3 for him.
AT Pattern - nice speed throught this. Could be closer in the hips. Lunges out. Mixed KPs.
ST Seq - well the lunges are actually a nice choreographic touch, but I found it a bit blurry. Like there's no real there there yet. Level 2. Not surprised.
Stationary Lift - no Ted, it's not as unique position anymore as it was.

Newbies and it shows. But they do have some charm. I just found that step sequence was neither here nor there.

Score: 57.08

They aren't new together. Ted was wrong about that. Last season was their first together and they had two JGPs. But they haven't competed since Nationals because one of them got hurt in the summer, so they skipped summer comps are were moved from the first JGP to the last two. I'm not sure how much training time they've had.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I wanted to ask this last week, but didn't get a chance - what does Ted mean when he talks about yeses, no's and T's?