2018 JGP Ljubljana Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alina EFIMOVA / Alexander PETROV
Music: Tango: Toute Tourne (Tango Mix) by Intendet Immigration; Tango: Ontra Luna by Carlos Libedinsky; Cha Cha: Pa Bailar (Siempre Quiero Mas) by Bajofondo
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband
Costumes: Black dress with mucho bling for her (it's a bit distracting); basic black for him (wirh required man clevage)

Required Elements:

Twizzles with nice entry. Level 4 for her, 3 for him. Nice
Curve lift - very Igor with great pickup. Level 4 and deserves it.
AT Pattern - nice stretch and holding the movements well. Nice. 5 yes KPs. Good for them. Igor drills the baiscs.
Sep St Seq - edges could be better. They're pretty shallow. Level 2.

It looks like early days for these two, but they're nicely matched. Nice that they wished the next pair luck. That's good karma!

Score: 52.78

Keep an eye on these two.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They aren't new together. Ted was wrong about that. Last season was their first together and they had two JGPs. But they haven't competed since Nationals because one of them got hurt in the summer, so they skipped summer comps are were moved from the first JGP to the last two. I'm not sure how much training time they've had.

So that's at least 2 partnerships that he said are new that aren't.

You know, it's times like these that I wish the ISU Bios were more comprehensive and listed every competition that the skaters competed in (even if they don't count towards calculating the PB). Because the way the Bios are so selective in what they list means that these things aren't immediately obvious to people that are seeing the skaters for the first time, be they commentators or fans or whatever.

CaroLiza_fan

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wanted to ask this last week, but didn't get a chance - what does Ted mean when he talks about yeses, no's and T's?
The pattern dance has eight features (keypoints) that the dancers are supposed to hit. Yes and no mean what you’d think; T is for “timing”, which means they got the position but it wasn’t timed properly to the rhythm.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wanted to ask this last week, but didn't get a chance - what does Ted mean when he talks about yeses, no's and T's?

It is about hitting or not keypoints in Argentine Tango compulsory pattern - there are 8 of them in total and hitting them determines level assigned to this element.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Nguyen/Kolesnik was awesome, wow :shocked: Avonley is a diva, no doubt about that.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. That was fantastic from Nguyen/Kolesnik. Such confidence, such ease of skating. Just wow.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK
Music: Vuelvo al Sur performed by Amelita Baltar; Building the Bullet by Luis Bacalov
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
Costumes: She in a pretty black dress, he in the standard v-neck black tango onesie

Required Elements:

Twizzles - speed, distance, sync. Well done. Level 4 for her, 3 for him
Curve Lift - man, these two came here to play
AT Pattern - could be a bit closer in the hips but the speed and flow are very good. 5 yes KPs.
Midline Step Seq - loved the closing steps. Very crisp.

These guys were my "very pleasant surprise" at Kaunas. I'm being picky above because THEY ARE THAT GOOD. They are definitely in it to win it. They've got the it factor. In spades.

Score: 65.41

SB and well deserved. Also 1st and well deserved.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And they are in the lead, by about a point and a half. Shevchenko and Eremenko are in trouble.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ugh, damn draws... Anyways, congrats to N/K for a very well-deserved SB and 1st place! I do hope they make it to finals, they are so delightful to watch.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ugh, damn draws... Anyways, congrats to N/K for a very well-deserved SB and 1st place! I do hope they make it to finals, they are so delightful to watch.
Finals placement for them is assured, unless they completely bomb the free. First or second would be enough.

With U/N, L/L, and S/E all moving up next season, I predict these two will be unstoppable.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Finals placement for them is assured, unless they completely bomb the free. First or second would be enough.

With U/N, L/L, and S/E all moving up next season, I predict these two will be unstoppable.

I'm not going to be surprised if they win this, so Vancouver it is! :yahoo:

I'm predicting a rivalry like S/E's and L/L's for Shanaeva/Narizhny and Nguyen/Kolesnik next season.

zebobes

Final Flight
I'm not going to be surprised if they win this, so Vancouver it is! :yahoo:

I'm predicting a rivalry like S/E's and L/L's for Shanaeva/Narizhny and Nguyen/Kolesnik next season.

Depending on how things turn out, I wouldn't be surprised if Igor decides to move them up to seniors sooner than later to try to make the next Olympics.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
On a shallow note, I love :love: Avonley's dress! And even with the sound off, you would be in no doubt that they were dancing a tango! Well done, guys!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Please note that I have to go up to my sister's for the weekend and may or may not be able to do the FD PBP. Last time she left me without a mouse! Just letting you know.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Are we sure U/N will move up? I mean, they're doing very well in juniors so they could, but they actually have 2 more seasons of junior eligibility. Well, L/L also have one more season, but they said in an interview they will move up next season.

Anyways, of the Russians these teams are aging out: S/E, Khudaiberdieva/Narazov, Kuts/Mikhailov.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thank you for all your work, WeakAnkles. Although I watch parts of competitions live, I also follow your reports when I can't watch. So, thanks once again.

Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK

AT Pattern - could be a bit closer in the hips but the speed and flow are very good. 5 yes KPs.
According to the protocol, they hit 7 key points. Shevchenko/Eremenko hit 5. The difference is in the technical score - both levels and GOE. S/E still have higher PCS.

Anyway, I am really glad for them (N/K). And I think they can absolutely win this. I can also see them on the podium at the JGP Final, unless Shevchenko/Eremenko and Khudayberdieva/Nazarov step it up levels wise.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Depending on how things turn out, I wouldn't be surprised if Igor decides to move them up to seniors sooner than later to try to make the next Olympics.

He could try, but there's a ton of depth ahead of them in the US, including their training mates C/P. I'm not sure moving up too soon makes sense for them. They might be able to get GP assignments, but there would be no 4CC or Worlds or GFP in all likelihood, for at least a season or two. Whereas in juniors they'd have 2JGP, JGPF and JW. And do we know about his citizenship? If he's not going to have it in time anyways, no need to rush.

They should do another season of juniors at least imo.