2018 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not their 100%, but hot damn that twist :shocked: Awesome lift as well, J/C was not kidding when they said they were going for World champions.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Hmm. I actually think their GEO was overly generous in a couple places, particularly the SBS 3T. But it may go down? I love moody programs for them, always bringing the smoke show.

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
Queen Vanessa! I love her. . .program will surely grow in intensity throughout the year. Morgan was amazing.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS/Michael MARINARO (CAN)
The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face
him in navy skivvy/black pants, her in bright pink dress with lovely watercolour detail on the skirt

3Tw
is this yet another cover?!
SBS 3T he hangs on
BODs
upsy cool dismount
Th3Lo holds on
CCoSp
StSq

Well done!
If they call lifts upsys in Australia, what do they call elevators? Do you call them lifts?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Several little mistakes, that's why tech score is under the chinese pair so far, but overally nice program. Deservedly into the first place.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
James / Cipres

Wonderful red and gold-embroidered costume for James!

Ridiculously strong 3Twist. A little late on the landing for James on the 3Ts, but still safely through (the three-turn out of it is a part of the choreo but it might look like a mistake). Solid sync through the combo spins. Interesting change of position on the lift and a smooth exit. Good speed through the death spiral. Stumble on the footwork going into the throw 3F, perhaps that's why it was a little tight on the landing. Definitely more assured on the step sequence.

A few stumbles here and there from James, one on the 3T and another on a simpler step during the mirror skating when they were far apart. They will likely still go into the lead with the strength of their artistry, though they weren't as sure-footed as I've seen in their short program from prior competitions. Either way, they will likely be closer than they want to be to the other two teams.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like both of J/C's costumes, but I'm not sure the gold and glitter in hers goes with his darker top. Minor thing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Vanessa's Mom looking Tres Chic as well.

Some tech bugs to work out, but that's a program that will grow over the season.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Great SP from pretty much everybody! Was Denney/Frazier the only team with a fall? FS will be tight, and a great show.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If they call lifts upsys in Australia, what do they call elevators? Do you call them lifts?

Yes!

(I call them upsys largely because my lift identification skills are not great and even worse at 6am.)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vanessa and Morgan seem to be getting along with each other much better now too. They seem unified and like a team, no more fights in the K&C.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I didn't love any of the programs this evening, the music is really making me to close the sound. Peng and Jin were the best for me.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ooooo I disagree. . .I was buying what they were selling

I thought it was about halfway there. That said, I'm comparing it to the snap and performance level of Savchenko/Massot, so my standards are quite high for better or worse.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Morgan being easy on the eye is very much helpful at 4:30 :biggrin: :eek::

Pretty strong competition here, although my faves were B/K my favorite performance was definitely Peng/Jin's.