2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

Ziotic

Medalist
That can’t be her natural hair colour, is it? As someone who started going grey at the age of 27, I don’t understand why a teenager would purposely dye their hair grey! Argh!!!

Oooh, time for Canadian educational segue number 2: like our British rooted love for the letter U in words like colour, flavour, and neighbour, we also use the UK spelling “grey” instead of the American spelling, “gray”.

And we are personally offended when we use one of those words only to have it underlined by autocorrect.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My humble opinions: I think she slipped on the twizzles, but that lift was lovely. Sinitsina/Katsalapov are in that grey area where I like them but not quite adore them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
Music: "Verano Porteño," by Astor Piazzolla performed by Raúl Garello
Choreography by: Sergei Petukhov
Costumes: Black tango dress with cut back and sides for her, all black with blazer for him

Required Elements:

They're certainly a striking looking couple and bring Big Drama.
Twizzles first set big bobble by her. Usual pell mell to hell for him. She level 2, him 4 1.31 g
TR Pattern Nice big pattern. Level 3, 2.18 mostly y part 1. Level 2 1.84 mostly Y part 2. It's a good pattern
Rotational Lift - MUCH improved from first outing. The hold part up is quite sculptural. Level 4 1.14g
ML St Seq Level 2, 3.04. Hmm, I thought a level 3. They skated it well but apparently lost a level.

I figured this would be a good dance for them. It's in their wheelhouse. Again, they lose levels but gain huge GOEs. They should send the ISU a big bouquet for the rule changes.

Long review by the judges. I'll be curious to see if their levels change.

Score: 74.66

jillredhand

Record Breaker
So many faves in this group! I wish G/P will beat H/D, but idk how likely that is. Go Carolane and Shane, Go Wang/Liu, WOW Marie-Jade's whole package is stunning.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I am unacquainted with Paul Poirier's mustache, and I am very taken aback by its presence.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Hoping for a strong showing from Wang/Liu. They looked much sharper and improved in projection from ACI in practice session videos.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's very interesting that H/D are taking the first two comps of the season.

We won't get to see these programs again until GPF.

It will be fascinating to see how they've evolved behind the scenes.