2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here it is about Dmitriev Jr. (Nov 10)
https://rsport.ria.ru/20191110/1560777335.html

“Arthur’s shape is improving, he jumped the axel in three and a half turns, a quadruple toe, a quadruple salchow. We still don’t take a quad axel to work, the other quadruples too. To get the optimal shape, Arthur needs another month, and after New Year, from February, I wanted him to skate somewhere, ”said Dmitriev Sr. by telephone.

Nothing since has been said about competing sooner.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Roster is out
Senior Nationals Qualifiers

GP (7)
Lazukin
Ignatov
Shulepov
Aliev
Samarin
Voronov
Savosin

JGPF (3)
Mozalev
Gumennik
Samsonov (NM, AI)

Cup events (8)
Danielian (NM)
Samoilov (NM)
Murashov
Sviridenko (NM)
Zuber (E=Y; W=SP only)
Yablokov (NM)
Petrov
Lutfullin

Alt
1. Katichev (NM)
2. Rud (NM)
3. Murzin (NM)

No Savosin, Katichev is in. Danielian received minimums for E/W. The rest remained the same.

National Roster https://www.fsrussia.ru/novosti-federatsii/4817-rostelekom-chempionat-rossii-2020-uchastniki.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Official list of entrants to the National Championships: https://fsrussia.ru/novosti-federatsii/4817-rostelekom-chempionat-rossii-2020-uchastniki.html

MEN SINGLE SKATING

1. Aliev Dmitry (St. Petersburg)
2. Voronov Sergey (Moscow)
3. Gumennik Peter (St. Petersburg)
4. Danielyan Arthur (Moscow)
5. Zuber Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
6. Ignatov Makar (St. Petersburg)
7. Katichev Vladislav (Republic of Mordovia)
8. Lazukin Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
9. Lutfullin Gleb (St. Petersburg)
10. Mozalev Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
11. Murashov Egor (Moscow)
12. Petrov Alexander (Saint-Petersburg)
13. Samarin Alexander (Moscow)
14. Samoilov Vladimir (Moscow)
15. Samsonov Daniil (Moscow)
16. Sviridenko Leonid (St. Petersburg)
17. Shulepov Anton (St. Petersburg)
18. Yablokov Ilya (Moscow)

As in the women, only a single competitor from the regions made it. Good for him :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good to see Lazukin on the list.

Also Sergei! Go, you good thing :cheer:

And Anton S! Any chance he might have changed the FS costume? Surely, he and his team got the memo now!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Official list of entrants to the National Championships: https://fsrussia.ru/novosti-federatsii/4817-rostelekom-chempionat-rossii-2020-uchastniki.html

MEN SINGLE SKATING

1. Aliev Dmitry (St. Petersburg)
2. Voronov Sergey (Moscow)
3. Gumennik Peter (St. Petersburg)
4. Danielyan Arthur (Moscow)
5. Zuber Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
6. Ignatov Makar (St. Petersburg)
7. Katichev Vladislav (Republic of Mordovia)
8. Lazukin Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
9. Lutfullin Gleb (St. Petersburg)
10. Mozalev Andrey (Saint-Petersburg)
11. Murashov Egor (Moscow)
12. Petrov Alexander (Saint-Petersburg)
13. Samarin Alexander (Moscow)
14. Samoilov Vladimir (Moscow)
15. Samsonov Daniil (Moscow)
16. Sviridenko Leonid (St. Petersburg)
17. Shulepov Anton (St. Petersburg)
18. Yablokov Ilya (Moscow)

As in the women, only a single competitor from the regions made it. Good for him :)

Katichev moved to St Petersburg this season with his coach and represented St Pete just a few days ago at their local competition. So that's not entirely accurate.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Predictions
1. Alexander Samarin
2. Dmitri Aliev
3. Daniil Samsonov
4. Makar Ignatov
5. Andrei Mozalev
6. Sergei Voronov
7. Artur Danielian
8. Petr Gumennik
9. Andrei Zuber
10. Vladimir Samoilov
11. Andrei Lazukin
12. Ilya Yablokov
13. Anton Shulepov
14. Egor Murashov
15. Leonid Sviridenko
16. Alexander Petrov
17. Vladislav Katichev

Not what i'd wish certainly, but bias and other factors will play a big role i'm afraid.

I hope they'll reward Zuber and Samoilov if they go clean, considering they've made huge improvements landing quads fairly consistently.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Anyone got the skating order for the short program tomorrow?

I only know Dima is going 17th because I saw the pictures of him breaking his Christmas bobble and everyone cracking up. I need a video! :laugh2:

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Wait nevermind, it's been posted!

Group 1

1 Artur DANIELIAN
2 Ilya YABLOKOV
3 Petr GUMENNIK
4 Leonid SVIRIDENKO
5 Gleb LUTFULLIN

Group 2

6 Alexander SAMARIN
7 Vladislav KATICHEV
8 Egor MURASHOV
9 Sergei VORONOV
10 Daniil SAMSONOV
11 Andrei LAZUKIN

Group 3

12 Makar IGNATOV
13 Andrei ZUBER
14 Andrei MOZALEV
15 Anton SHULEPOV
16 Vladimir SAMOILOV
17 Dmitri ALIEV

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Russian men, always so chaotic.

Thought so too. The young ones in their first nationals perhaps still a little nervous? The 'old guys' way too many errors to be comfortable with, there was hardly a clean skating run.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Predictions
1. Alexander Samarin
2. Dmitri Aliev
3. Daniil Samsonov
4. Makar Ignatov
5. Andrei Mozalev

Not what i'd wish certainly, but bias and other factors will play a big role i'm afraid.

True. Samarin - who has as much charisma as a wet sock - was held up and the only reason Ignatov is in first is because he’s the senior skater. Mozalev outskated him. Well, he outskated everyone. I think Mozalev will win, but it’ll be because the judges won’t have much of a choice. I’m not expecting any greatness from a senior man. Ignatov has serious stamina issues; he simply can’t make it through a free skate yet. I like Aliev, but....but.... but can he hold it together?

On a more positive.... I didn’t catch his name. Who was the dude that skated before Aliev? Absolutely disastrous skate. He didn’t get a combo in, fell twice, and popped his 3A. For some reason he caught my eye though. He’s musical and did an I-spin at the end. If he actually made the free skate, I’ll root for him.

EDIT: Uh, never mind. Got his name. Just noticed the starting order is posted above. I’m rooting for Samoilov yall!

Last edited:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
EDIT: Uh, never mind. Got his name. Just noticed that the starting order is posted above. I’m rooting for Samoilov, yall.

Glad someone else is here for Samoilov too. I hope he makes a comeback in the free. There is something special about him. Russian Nationals is just not his event though.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I went in expecting surprises, but boy, Russian gentlemen division... never fails to surprise even when you expect them to toss expectations out of the window. I was keeping my fingers crossed for Mozalev all season long so far and I am happy for him, but I think I had about the same slightly confused look as Gumennik did during his interview before the third group went on ice...

I’m afraid to even wish luck to anyone, because, like, who needs more jinxing in Krasnoyarsk.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Damnit Zuber, with that 3a he would have been in the mix.

Positively surprised by Gumennik's redemption.

As for the rest those who decided to go clean/clean-ish with more comfortable elements got rewarded here.

Russian men, always so chaotic.

By coaches fault too in some cases.

Excuse me but Samsonov who struggles with the triple axel and rarely land a cheated quad Lutz and you put the quad in the short? That's not smart.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kovtun: results of the men at the championship of Russia speak about a change of generations

After the short program, 19-year-old Makar Ignatov leads

KRASNOYARSK, December 26. / TASS /. The results of men after a short program at the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk indicate a change of generations. This opinion was shared with TASS by the four-time champion of Russia Maksim Kovtun, who completed his career.

According to the results of the short program, 19-year-old Makar Ignatov is in the lead at the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk, he received 88.88 points - which is the best result in his career. The second was 16-year-old Andrey Mozalyov (88.34 points), the third was 17-year-old Pyotr Gumennik (88.06 points). Dmitriy Aliyev took fourth place (87.35), Andrey Lazukin - fifth (85.56), Daniil Samsonov - seventh (80.88), Alexander Samarin - eighth (80.68).

"In men's single skating, it is impossible to predict the result now, leaders are changing almost every day, a change of generations is underway, whatever one may say," said Kovtun.

Kovtun noted the result of the championship debutant of the 14-year-old Daniil Samsonov: “I said this a year ago, I say it now - I have always distinguished him, although he is very young. I don’t want to jinx him or put extra responsibility on him, but I think that with this junior, and those talented boys who follow him, we need not worry about the future of Russian men's skating. "

“There is no obvious leader today, you can’t say that Samarin or Aliyev are a cut above the others, they’re just a little older, respectively, they are longer at senior level. I thought that Sergey Voronov could skate away with a light head, but today he had a bad skating run. Release Samsonov on major starts today, he will be able to beat those who fight at the most serious level, will be in the top ten with a clean skating run", said Kovtun.

"Samsonov at his first senior Championship of Russia received 80 points, although there is a tacit law by which debutants are held back in the ratings".
-----