2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Weaver/Poje have my absolute favorite RD of the season. Just magnetic.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Weaver/Poje have my absolute favorite RD of the season. Just magnetic.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but everything not out of Montreal feels like a large gulp of fresh air. W/P's tango very much so.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Piper & Paul are so close behind WeaPos! I’m happy. Beating them is difficult on various levels, but coming as close as possible would underline G/Ps role as Canada’s well deserved future No 1 :yahoo: Since I joined GS, Piper & Paul’s talent has been acknowledged much more widely and their popularity has risen immensely since last year! It’s a wonderful development and I’m looking forward to an exciting ‘dance off’ tomorrow :cheer2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I do think that all top 3 teams did fantastic things today, in their respective craft. However - if all of them are doing so well, the execution is there, I find myself drawn the strongest to non-obvious, unique and different flavour of Tango and that was Gilles/Poirier. Weaver/Poje were amazing in more 'stereotypical' sense of ballroom Tango: more elegant, glamourous, radiant and with that linear continuity in movement; for me, it was more of a 'harmonious' take, a more steady build in emotional interpretation of the music, a languid wholesome with punctuation. I found them captivating, but a little too one-note as for the program. And yes, you are probably no strange to my support escapades for Piper and Paul this season so you are justified in thinking that I may be biased - the thing is, with quite few teams with strong technique, performance capability, striking appearance on ice and other factors more easy to distinguish, I started looking for something more to keep my attention on and it includes relationship and development between material, music given to skaters and how they use it, mold it to themselves, transforming and growing the whole image of the piece adding their own part. Gilles/Poirier'RD is for me an essence of a vibrant side of Tango, a reminiscence of an authentic Milonga style laced with their signature nuance over originality and detail in character portrayal - every time I watched it, well skated or not, it brought me above just a captivating visual - even the most beautiful one to look at, aesthetically pleasing from execution point of view - straight to something more complex, an experience that stimulate all my senses and makes it very physically strong in response. I think that the fact Kaitlyn and Andrew skipped GP season and I did not have a chance to see the development, growth of that still great vehicle in their hands made a difference for me seeing such master performances back to back; it does not change the fact that they are amazing performers who are capable of bringing the house down with a program even with short mileage.

It is just my weird preferrence and aesthetic thing, something I developed in my watching of Ice Dance in past few seasons, also part to Gilles /Poirier approach to their work and ethic, styling of it - I started to pay attention more on the complex process of developing a material, how it behaves along with the team, how I react to it & what nuance I see/feel watching it than just on particular performance, if it impresses me or not. I know it may be weird, I recall do:), but this season, Piper and Paul's both programs evoked something artistic and 'free-spirited' inside me, buried long time ago and I started to see some things a bit different, skating included. Today, they made such little, nuanced changes in their arm position, their bodies alignment, partnering, look on their face that screamed volumes to me, giving me a feel of something specially unique happening for them, but also giving it to us. The flow of the energy, highs & lows matched intricately in their body figures, knee bend made the performance alive, vivid, full of colour like Piper's dress. The only Tango RD I want to touch and experience physically instead of just marvel over it visually.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Actually W/P's showing here gives me hope they could podium at worlds. I wasn't very optimistic about that previously.
Gold for Piper and Paul would have been very nice but I am not sure it's happening bar a mistake from W/P tomorrow.
And I don't like the disappointment on Piper's face in the kiss and cry every time :(
Still, W/P are prepared and sharp, so that's great news for the final half of the season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As I'm at the event reporting for Golden Skate, and I ask the hard-hitting questions in the interviews, I thought you should all know that Kaitlyn agrees that Andrew looks like Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I loved all three of the top teams! But I especially loved Weaver & Poje - they grabbed me right from the beginning and drew me in. All three teams are great though!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
W/P and F-B/S are the only two teams that hit all their key points on the pattern. Not bad for both of them not having competed on the GP ;)

LaArdilla

Medalist
As I'm at the event reporting for Golden Skate, and I ask the hard-hitting questions in the interviews, I thought you should all know that Kaitlyn agrees that Andrew looks like Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.

Well done you! +5 GOE on question execution. You win the internet today!

LaArdilla

Medalist
W/P and F-B/S are the only two teams that hit all their key points on the pattern. Not bad for both of them not having competed on the GP ;)

Wow, so it IS possible to come from Gadbois and hit all the key points on tango romantica! My faith is restored.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I love G/P and their tango is lovely but W/P were just sublime, I loved every moment of their tango and I think it's definitely my favourite all season (H/D should be worried)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

You are such a tiger. Good for you. The National Enquirer is going to be calling you.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So watch US Nationals I think we will see an 88 from Hubbell and Donahoe. I really felt for SF they just don't look like they can compete with the Canadian transplant Dane team. I think GP have a more innovative quality but Weapo to me are maybe more medal contenders. Actually from whatI have seen so far this year it would be France, Weapo and GP. But I think france and H/D have the top two spots and Italy the inside on the bronze but Weapo if they canskateclean who knows. I think Kaitlyn is so beautiful.In a natural clean cut way.