January 18-27, 2019

Ladies' Pre-Game Chat

2019USChamps.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Other than Alyssa are there any other Novice or Junior competitors in senior nationals?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Other than Alyssa are there any other Novice or Junior competitors in senior nationals?

Ting, Pooja, and Hanna are all competing internationally in juniors and nationally in seniors. (Alysa spells her name with one "s.") These four young ladies finished top four at Junior Nationals last year.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ah cool thank you! (Especially about the spelling.) x

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do yall think I can get a ticket to the ladies short on site? (Only ticket I don't have).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Championship Ladies

Starr Andrews (Los Angeles FSC)
SP: "Summertime" performed by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong; choreo by Derrick Delmore
FS: "Jungle" by various artists: "Africa Tribal Xotica" (from "Xotica - Journey to the Heart"); "Desert Spirit" by Rene Dupere; "Under African Skies" by John Herberman; "Tribal Gathering" by Vanessa Mae; "Minus One" by Greg Ellis; choreo by Derrick Delmore

Mariah Bell (Rocky Mountain FSC)
SP: "To Love You More" by Celine Dion, choreo by Adam Rippon
LP: " Piano" and "Experience" by Ludovico Einaudi, choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

Julia Biechler (Colonial FSC)

Karen Chen (Peninsula SC)
SP: "Fire Dance" by Jennifer Thomas (from Illumination album); choreo byMassimo Scali
FS: "Illumination" by Secret Garden

Ting Cui (Baltimore FSC)
SP: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Derrick Delmore
FS: Giselle by Adolphe Adam; choreo by Derrick Delmore

Amber Glenn (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
SP: "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles; choreo by Daniil Barantsev
FS: Bang Bang” (My Baby Shot Me Down) performed by Lady Gaga, (Kill Bill medley (from the film soundtrack)); choreo by Daniil Barantsev

Gracie Gold (IceWorks SC)
SP: " I Put a Spell On You" performed by Annie Lennox; choreo by Jeremy Abbott
FS: "She Used to be Mine" by Sarah Bareilles; choreo by Jeremy Abbott

Hanna Harrell (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
SP: "Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha" performed by Petty Booka
FS: "La Cumparsita" performed by Ensemble Contraste, "Adiós Nonino" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Forever Tango

Courtney Hicks (All Year FSC)
SP: "Nocturne" (from "La Califfa" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone, performed by Yo Yo Ma; choreo by Jonathan Cassar, Rohene Ward
FS: Pas de deux from "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Jonathan Cassar, Rohene Ward

Rena Ikenishi (The SC of New York, Inc.)

Pooja Kalyan (Ozark FSC)
SP: "Bacchanale from "Samson and Delilah" by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Scott Brown
FS2: "A Symphonic Picture of Porgy and Bess" performe by The Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy
FS1: "The Lion King" by Elton John, performed by Diana Ross; choreo by Scott Brown

Ashley Lin (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
SP: “Je Suis Malade” performed by Lara Fabian
FS: “And the Waltz Goes On” by Anthony Hopkins

Alysa Liu (St. Moritz ISC, Inc.)
SP2: "Don't Rain on My Parade"
SP1: "Spanish Flame" by Maxime Rodriguez (2017-18 SP); choreo by Cindy Stuart
FS: The Witches of Eastwick film soundtrack; choreo by Cindy Stuart

Emmy Ma (Mitchell Johansson Method)
SP: "One More Try" performed by Brenna Whitaker; choreo by Jamie Isley
FS: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo by Jamie Isley

Brynne McIsaac (Los Angeles FSC)
SP: Luck be a Lady; choreo by Drew Meekins, Katherine Hill, Phillip Mills
FS: Samson and Delilah; choreo by Drew Meekins, Katherine Hill, Phillip Mills

Hannah Miller (Lansing SC)

Heidi Munger (Mitchell Johansson Method)

Akari Nakahara (All Year FSC)
SP: "Hymn of the Worlds (from Cirque du Soleil) by Rene Dupere; choreo by Cindy Stuart, Ivan Dinev
FS: "As You Like It" by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Cindy Stuart, Ivan Dinev

Bradie Tennell (Skokie Valley SC)
SP: "Rebirth” by Hi-Finesse; choreo by Benoit Richaud
FS: "Romeo and Juliet Medley" by Prokofiev; choreo by Benoit Richaud

Sierra Venetta (The Skating Club of San Francisco, Inc.)

Angela Wang (Salt Lake Figure Skating)
SP: "Praying” by Kesha; choreo by Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Michelle Kwan, Tanith White
FS: "Send in the Clowns” by Barbra Streisand; choreo by Karen Kwan-Oppegard, Michelle Kwan, Tanith White

Megan Wessenberg (Mitchell Johansson Method)
SP: "You Don't Own Me" by Brenna Whitaker; choreo by Jamie Isley
FS: "The Friends of Mr. Cairo" by Jon and Vangelis; choreo by Jamie Isley

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
Ting, Pooja, and Hanna are all competing internationally in juniors and nationally in seniors.

Ting and Pooja have each competed internationally in a Senior B this season. Pooja was ninth at Finlandia and Ting won silver at Tallin Trophy. Both earned the minimum scores to qualify for Senior Worlds.

Realistically, Pooja is probably hoping to be sent to Junior Worlds . I think Ting has a shot at making the Senior Worlds team. Failing that, her spot on the Junior World team is pretty well nailed down.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
We should probably point out that Starr Andrews is also age eligible to compete in Juniors. She opted not to attend Junior Worlds last year, but as Shiraiwa just demonstrated, that doesn't mean Starr couldn't be selected for Junior Worlds this season if she places behind the senior team but above most junior eligible ladies.

Country
Russia
Ladies.
First digit - ISU Season Best, second - best result of regionals and sectionals (both if any).
In order of better of these digits.

1 Alysa Liu - 212.97
2 Bradie Tennell 206.41 -
3 Ting Cui 199.79 181.19
4 Mariah Bell 198.96 -
5 Amber Glenn 166.25 184.63
6 Courtney Hicks 178.07 -
7 Starr Andrews 174.72 -
8 Hanna Harrell 157.08 173.05
9 Megan Wessenberg 170.33 170.33
10 Akari Nakahara 143.07 169.06
11 Brynne McIsaac 141.61 161.73
12 Sierra Venetta - 160.72
13 Pooja Kalyan 160.60 157.48
14 Julia Biechler - 159.63
15 Rena Ikenishi - 157.44
16 Hannah Miller - 154.78
17 Heidi Munger - 154.11
18 Emmy Ma - 145.05
WD Karen Chen - -
WD Gracie Gold - -
WD Ashley Lin 181.21 -
WD Angela Wang 160.99 -

Last edited:

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how Heidi Munger and Emmy Ma qualified for nationals? I thought just the top 4 skaters from each sectional qualified.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Does anyone know how Heidi Munger and Emmy Ma qualified for nationals? I thought just the top 4 skaters from each sectional qualified.

Appears 2 skaters ahead of them at sectionals actually had a bye to Nationals so they were not considered as qualified out of sectionals meaning 5 and 6 get to go

zounger

Medalist
I think I will be team Mariah Bell in this one all the way with Bradie to follow.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think I will be team Mariah Bell in this one all the way with Bradie to follow.

Yeah I keep wondering if we are going to have "The year of Mariah Bell"

I'd love to see her win, and I would love see her get a confidence boost from it. Sadly, I fear a national title might be more pressure for her.

I would love see her get a national title after some of Raf's comments.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'd love to see her win, and I would love see her get a confidence boost from it. Sadly, I fear a national title might be more pressure for her.

What comments? Too old to be married in Armenia? ;)

I love Mariah’s style and sass, but I’m more of a Bradie fangirl. I think, contrary to popular opinion, she portrays a strong confident not princessy young lady on ice. I like that. :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
What comments? Too old to be married in Armenia? ;)

I love Mariah’s style and sass, but I’m more of a Bradie fangirl. I think, contrary to popular opinion, she portrays a strong confident not princessy young lady on ice. I like that. :)

Yeah pretty much. He has seemed less of a fan of her than some of us here... let's put it that way.

As for Bradie... let's just say I have a lot of respect for her than enjoyment of her. I do think there is more potential there though and I think the strong confident way to go is good for her - but she needs shall we say stronger music - take a page from Max Aaron and skate to AC/DC next year I say.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think it will sell out

I went ahead and splurged on a ticket way closer to the ice than I've ever been (albeit that's still 4-5 rows up from the ice). Hopefully I can throw things from that distance.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The thing I like most about her is her enthusiasm. Every time she was introduced at a Grand Prix event, she seemed over the moon just to be there.