2019 U.S. Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 U.S. Nationals: Ladies' Pre-Game Chat

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Love both Mariah and Bradie and hope they both podium... each has unique appeal. Looking forward to seeing them both skate again and also want Gracie to do well.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I went ahead and splurged on a ticket way closer to the ice than I've ever been (albeit that's still 4-5 rows up from the ice). Hopefully I can throw things from that distance.

Make a sling shot for accuracy and power. Have fun - you are positioned well to see the action yet avoid flying sweat beads and stray sequins and bugel beads!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gracie's long program music is perfect if she skates well - so awesome and powerful and poetic. But if it is a disaster then it is kind of like an omen. Kind of like Mirai's winner took it all and yep the winner took it all - it wasn't her though. Things are set up for a movie of the week return from Gracie. now she just needs to let it all happen.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Gracie's long program music is perfect if she skates well - so awesome and powerful and poetic. But if it is a disaster then it is kind of like an omen. Kind of like Mirai's winner took it all and yep the winner took it all - it wasn't her though. Things are set up for a movie of the week return from Gracie. now she just needs to let it all happen.

Since she withdrew it’s not likely to happen

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
As for Bradie... let's just say I have a lot of respect for her than enjoyment of her. I do think there is more potential there though and I think the strong confident way to go is good for her - but she needs shall we say stronger music - take a page from Max Aaron and skate to AC/DC next year I say.

That's how I feel about Bradie too. She's no-nonsense, inteliigent about the improvements she needs to make, and she doesn't create drama wherever she goes.

I'm just not sold on Mariah. Way too inconsistent. I want a national champion where 3z-3t is automatic, not something to be relieved or excited about.

I have a feeling Alysa is going to win. Bradie isn't that much ahead of her with PCS IMO to keep up with three 3a's.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I would easily rate Mariah lower than Bradie too. Bradie's technical content is miles ahead of Mariah, and both of her programs are intricate with lots of details. Mariah has been in the picture for several years and she manages to have ups and downs without any clear trajectory. She is a sweet girl but never seemed to be a competitor who really wants to WIN.

I feel Bradie will win though, with Alyssa, Mariah and Ting second to fourth without any particular order. Alyssa's placement would depend largely on how judges score her components. Both Alyssa and Ting have better technical potential than Mariah. Ting might be a dark horse.

That's how I feel about Bradie too. She's no-nonsense, inteliigent about the improvements she needs to make, and she doesn't create drama wherever she goes.

I'm just not sold on Mariah. Way too inconsistent. I want a national champion where 3z-3t is automatic, not something to be relieved or excited about.

I have a feeling Alysa is going to win. Bradie isn't that much ahead of her with PCS IMO to keep up with three 3a's.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I see Julia Biechler listed as competing in senior ladies. Does anyone know if she's still skating in ice dance with Damian Dodge? The start order for dance isn't up yet.

b-man

Final Flight
Made it to the last 2 groups of ladies practice today after 260 mile drive to arena. Did see Bradie, Mariah, Alysa and Ting. Bradie will win easy, scoring around 220. Others shouldn't break 200, but may sneak over 200, as USFS may want to give the illusion US ladies have depth.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Made it to the last 2 groups of ladies practice today after 260 mile drive to arena. Did see Bradie, Mariah, Alysa and Ting. Bradie will win easy, scoring around 220. Others shouldn't break 200, but may sneak over 200, as USFS may want to give the illusion US ladies have depth.

Alysa did a clean lp runthough with two fully rotated 3A. She will easily break 200 and possibly even 220 if clean.

b-man

Final Flight
I saw mistakes by everyone in the 35 minute session, except Bradie, who will score very high technically and will far exceed Alysa in PCS.

I did enjoy watching Alysa for the first time.