2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating

Skatesocs

Final Flight
wNmAdXG.jpg
What does this meme mean??

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
So it looks like KSU hasn't posted group 5 of the Ladies' SP to the blog...
So anyone outside Korea who didn't catch Ichats stream won't be able to watch?

I knew that this might happen, but decided not to get up at 2 am. Korean skating is not for people who aren't prepared to make that sacrifice

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So it looks like KSU hasn't posted group 5 of the Ladies' SP to the blog...
So anyone outside Korea who didn't catch Ichats stream won't be able to watch?

I knew that this might happen, but decided not to get up at 2 am. Korean skating is not for people who aren't prepared to make that sacrifice
Check the Ranking Competition thread, videos have been posted on SPOTV's Youtube channel. But since it's apparently geoblocked you'll have to use a VPN or something

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
Check the Ranking Competition thread, videos have been posted on SPOTV's Youtube channel. But since it's apparently geoblocked you'll have to use a VPN or something
I just found the performances of Seoyeong, Yelim and Ahsun uploaded by a user (ZZERO) on YouTube.
And yes, the videos on SPOTV's YouTube channel are geoblocked... but good to know so I can get a VPN trisl as a last resort.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
I just found the performances of Seoyeong, Yelim and Ahsun uploaded by a user (ZZERO) on YouTube.
And yes, the videos on SPOTV's YouTube channel are geoblocked... but good to know so I can get a VPN trisl as a last resort.
Thank you! I tried to watch the "official" videos with a VPN and it still didn't work. Appreciate everyone here trying to help out and piece it all together. What a frustrating event. Can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow lol.

Dawn825

Medalist
I just found the performances of Seoyeong, Yelim and Ahsun uploaded by a user (ZZERO) on YouTube
Young is there too. Thanks for this, I didn't want to make an account for SPOTTV. And thank you to whoever posted the original stream link.
Yelim's jumps looked pretty good, after the combo I almost thought she looked like a contender top 6 at Worlds. Does someone have the final placements?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young is there too. Thanks for this, I didn't want to make an account for SPOTTV. And thank you to whoever posted the original stream link.
Yelim's jumps looked pretty good, after the combo I almost thought she looked like a contender top 6 at Worlds. Does someone have the final placements?
I've posted the results for the day on the Ranking Competition thread, but the top six is Yelim-Haein-Young-Eunsoo-Ahsun-Haneul.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Senior Ladies' FS has ended and so the main National Team for ladies has been decided: Yelim, Ahsun, Young, Haein, Seoyoung (Wi), Eunsoo (Lim), Chaeyeon, and Haneul. Give me a minute to do calculations and then I'll upload the reserve team as well

Edit: The reserve team - Seoyeon, Minchae, Yeonjeong, Siwon, Boin, Jia (junior), Jooha, Eunsoo (Kang), Siwoo (junior)

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Two things of note after the Ranking Competition:
a) Coach Chi Hyunjung was with Young at the boards, it could be a temporary thing while Young can't go train with Hamada Mie or it could be a coaching change. We'll have to wait and see, the pandemic makes coaching situations confusing.
b) According to an interview conducted after the FS, Ahsun had tried the 3A in practice for a week last year but stopped because of injury issues and being preoccupied with competitions. She says she'd like to practice it more and try it in two seasons.

Last edited:

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Senior Ladies' FS has ended and so the main National Team for ladies has been decided: Yelim, Ahsun, Young, Haein, Seoyoung (Wi), Eunsoo (Lim), Chaeyeon, and Haneul. Give me a minute to do calculations and then I'll upload the reserve team as well

Edit: The reserve team - Seoyeon, Minchae, Yeonjeong, Siwon, Boin, Jia (junior), Jooha, Eunsoo (Kang), Siwoo (junior)
Ichatdelune, please, what is the first criterion, the sum of points or the sum of placements?

gotoschool

Medalist
The first new impression I got from the Nationals and Ranking competition is that I have begun to enjoy Yelim Kim's skating. There isn't any one area that she is really striking in, but everything adds up to be quite appealing overall. Her rippon tanos are picturesque, and I think her skating skills and speed in cross overs are really good, her jumps are fairly big, she is statuesque with fairly good lines and posture which is accentuated by the fact that she is relatively tall, and she has good positions with her hands, arms and in spins for her height. She also seems to be really well trained, quietly confident, secure and mature in her performances and has gained aesthetic appeal to her skating.

Another new take away from these competitions were the beautiful performances of Ahsun Yun like her sensational one handed half Biellmann and her light and beautiful grace in expression and jumps especially for someone so young.

I continue to enjoy watching Haein Lee and Young You's skating, and I hope they can regain their consistency. It seems for Haein Lee that maybe it takes more time to adjust to changes in a program even if she is returning to a familiar one. I also wonder if all those weeks off the ice due to strict travel restrictions have taken their toll on Young You.

These were the only four skaters I watched so far.

Thanks for the rankings, but does anyone know who in addition to Yelim Kim will actually go to Worlds?

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't know how they messed up using Lord of the Rings for You Young. A top skater FINALLY uses this music after decades of it being ignored and the music cuts make no sense, and I'm pretty sure some of them have been altered from their original version, and sound worse now. Sigh.